Nicolaos

Single skydivers

"AS THE PROP TURNS" . . . That's so funny, at my DZ its "DAYS OF OUR SKIES" . . . B|:ph34r:

If I may offer my bitter opinion . . . it's hopeless . . . If you deal with someone at your DZ and you break up . . . there's no limit to the amount of drama that can explode. Essentially, one of the parties is forced to leave the DZ for bluer skies to get away from the bullshit.

On the other hand, dating non-skydivers is just as fun. First they are attracted to you because you're exciting and you live dangerously . . . blah blah blah . . . then a little bit of time goes by and they realize that you actually DO skydive a lot. This irks them and then eventually they throw the ultimatum at you and you end up telling them to take a hike because skydiving is more important.

This may just be my experience but . . . it seems HOPELESS [:/][:/][:/]
You think you understand the situation, but what you don't understand, is that the situation just changed.

Ask Vskydiver when was the last time she packed.:D That's okay, though, I like packing for her.:)

I thought you just exploited the indentured servants in your family for that. ;):D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Everyone's a comedian!!!!! (lol) :D

Under which forum are they posted?

You could start advertising in the "personals" section of the classifieds...
Me think the skydiving part shouldn't be the main reason to date someone though.....oh wait...I'm a girl....numbers are in my favour....no skydiver should date a non-skydiver! :P

no skydiver should date a non-skydiver! :P

I'm sorry but this is just not true... I was a non-skydiver when i met and started dating a skydiver. He was fine with me not skydiving and i was fine with him spending time at the DZ to get his jump on. There are women out there who are perfectly fine dating a skydiver and not skydiving themselves.

However since then, i have gone thru AFF and love getting my jump on... and we are happily married.

So, why does it matter if your SO skydives or not...? As long as you both are ok with the way things are... I just dont think one should limit themself to one or the other.

Lol!
Could you please take another look at my post?
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but the serious part would be "the skydiving part shouldn't be the main reason to date someone though"

"oh wait...I'm a girl....numbers are in my favour....no skydiver should date a non-skydiver!" would be the not so serious part... ;)

Out of curiosity - of the girls on here who date skydivers, how many people's boyfriends are instructors or very experienced, and how many date the more humble low number jumper?

I'm trying to figure out if its worth putting on aftershave next time I go jumping ;)

Ross
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

Haha pilatus - well if it helps, I was dating a guy at exactly the same experience level and jump numbers. Was better cos then I felt less intimidated. For once I could boss him around too.
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!

I am passionate about skydiving and would someone to share my passion.

I agree completley. Before I jumped I wanted someone in the same field as me cos it requires lots of work in lonely places. Now I just want to meet a skydiver or someone willing to start because how can I go out with someone who lives in town and doesn't like going to the dz if I work in lonely places all week and skydive all weekend!?
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!

I married one of my first jump students.

Anyway, cleanliness will make you stand out among skydivers most of the time regardless :ph34r:, and it's never a turnoff.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Out of curiosity - of the girls on here who date skydivers, how many people's boyfriends are instructors or very experienced, and how many date the more humble low number jumper?

You should start a thread on this. It seems like an interesting topic.

Personally, I started dating my husband when he had about 900 jumps and I had about 250. I married him when he had about 1600 jumps and I had about 950. Now, he has about 1700 jumps and I have about 1000.

:)
Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Lol!
Could you please take another look at my post?
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but the serious part would be "the skydiving part shouldn't be the main reason to date someone though"

"oh wait...I'm a girl....numbers are in my favour....no skydiver should date a non-skydiver!" would be the not so serious part... ;)

My apologies... all i saw was the "no skydiver should date a non-skydiver!" (selective reading for a Monday morning) :$ That is pretty damn funny. But it still kills me that some skydivers think that way. And yeah, the ratio of guys to girls is aweful (for the guys that is). I just want the new guys not to opt out of dating non-skydivers. Cause there are cool chicks out there that will still be into you even though they dont jump...And for the new chicks to know its ok to not jump into anything with your instructor just becuase you want to better your skydiving abilities. But then i suppose we would miss our weekly episodes of "As The Prop Turns".

of the girls on here who date skydivers, how many people's boyfriends are instructors or very experienced, and how many date the more humble low number jumper?

First time we met, I had 600 jumps and was working full time as a rigger and instructor (S/L and tandem). He had 75-ish jumps. When we met again and got together 8 years later, I had 1000 jumps, no current ratings and was part owner of a gear store. He had 3500+ jumps and worked full time as a rigger and instructor (AFF). Today, I have 1100 jumps and haven't worked in skydiving in almost a year. He has 4000+ jumps and still works full time in the industry.

In other words, when we first met I was a goddess and he was a turkey. Today, he's the god and I'm the turkey.

I prefer to be the turkey. :D

Heh, all the women jumpers at Skydive Houston are either taken, too old, or don't date students. I cant see myself dating a non-jumper until the novelty of the sport kinda settles down in my life, and while it would be nice to date another jumper... my mindset while at sdh is more on AFF progression rather than finding a date *shrug* :P

its all good...

I just want the new guys not to opt out of dating non-skydivers. Cause there are cool chicks out there that will still be into you even though they dont jump...

Shhhh! SkyDane and Spiritfingers - Don't give the secret away, I haven't started dating anyone yet! I finally have the odds in my favor, don't ruin it! ;):D:D:D
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

And if you limit yourself to girls who are already jumpers, you will be competing with about 5 other guys.

In other words, you just have to be patient and wait your turn.;):ph34r::ph34r:
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

And if you limit yourself to girls who are already jumpers, you will be competing with about 5 other guys.

In other words, you just have to be patient and wait your turn.;):ph34r::ph34r:

Nice one. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)