Superman32

It's rare that I get so emotionally involved in a TV show (other than Pats & RedSox games) that I actually yell & curse at the screen. I couldn't help myself: They killed 2 (possibly 3) great characters in the first 15 minutes! (I don't want to name names in case ppl with TiVo haven't seen the ep yet).
My reason to look forward to Monday is back :-)
I just hope the writers can keep up this pace for the whole season!
Stacey
ps: do not interrupt me between 8pm and 10pm tonight. Another double shot of Jack, please! :-)

It's rare that I get so emotionally involved in a TV show (other than Pats & RedSox games) that I actually yell & curse at the screen. I couldn't help myself: They killed 2 (possibly 3) great characters in the first 15 minutes! (I don't want to name names in case ppl with TiVo haven't seen the ep yet).
My reason to look forward to Monday is back :-)
I just hope the writers can keep up this pace for the whole season!
Stacey
ps: do not interrupt me between 8pm and 10pm tonight. Another double shot of Jack, please! :-)

It's become part of the show to bring back characters who had been mostly written out of the storyline. Given these deaths, don't they just have to bring back Elisha Cuthbert (Jack's daughter) this season? Sweet! [drool];)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

It's become part of the show to bring back characters who had been mostly written out of the storyline. Given these deaths, don't they just have to bring back Elisha Cuthbert (Jack's daughter) this season? Sweet! [drool];)

Blues,
Dave

She's sweet, but uhggg, am I glad she isn't on the show anymore. Good example of poor acting and writing.

Anybody got any theories as to who is behind the murders? It's got to be someone who knew Jack wasn't dead.

Saw the show for the first time last night. Was too depressed to get up and change the channel after the Bears game :S

Even thou I didn't know everything that was going on, I was impressed with the story nonetheless. After it was done, I set Tivo to record the entire season and borrowed Season One from my roommate. I think I got up to 6 or 7am!

Blues,
Dave

She's sweet, but uhggg, am I glad she isn't on the show anymore. Good example of poor acting and writing.

Anybody got any theories as to who is behind the murders? It's got to be someone who knew Jack wasn't dead.

According to the reports, his daughter does come back. What a show!!! I've been watching it ever since it first came out. I can't think of any other show that has kept my interest for so many years.
You go Jack!!!(and the writters, of coarse)

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

According to the reports, his daughter does come back. What a show!!! I've been watching it ever since it first came out. I can't think of any other show that has kept my interest for so many years.
You go Jack!!!(and the writters, of coarse)

Gravitymaster is right, Elisha's is not much of an actress, but damn she's good looking! ;)

I remember exactly where I watched the first episode of the first season (University of Washington Medical Center, November '01), and I think I've caught every episode since, whether it was during broadcast or later on VHS. This year my Tivo is already programmed to catch every episode, just in case. B|

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

The worst thing about Jack's daughter is that she went from a frickin babysitter and damsel in distress to genius computer hacker with absolutely no indication that she possessed the intelligence to obtain such abilities.:S
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

That's what I can't figure out. Apparently those guys were Russian separatists (Chechens?), but I don't see the connection between that political cause and the murder of Logan and Michelle, and the attempt on Chloe. What's the CTU got to do with Chechnya?

MY DVR RAWKS....

on A&E they are playing all of Day4... and still playing some of Day2( have to block those out so I dont fill up the DVR too quickly, I will have to transfer them to DVD soon:)
I also have Day1, Day2 and Day3 on DVD... woo hoo..

I cant believe they started off this rollercoaster ride with such a BIG bounce...:o

You should get the season 4 DVDs- great stuff on the bonus disc. A prequel to this season, plus a lot of questions are answered in the extended/ deleted scenes. (Did you wonder whatever happened to Behrooz?) One of the better dvd collections as far as I'm concerned, since they really do give you more than you can see on TV.

And about Kim (Elisha Cuthbert)- the only season she was really annoying in was season 2, which was probably the worst season of the show anyway. And I blame the writers for that, not the actress- how many times in a 24 hour period can one character be held hostage or placed in peril by entirely different people AND a mountain lion? I actually liked her in Season 3 which was supposed to be 3 years later anyway- enough time for her to go back to school and get her life together. And even with that, they made it pretty clear that everyone thought she was only there as a favor to Jack- her coworkers were pretty tough on her.

And that 3rd character in critical condition after the first 5 minutes of the show? (Not naming names since I don't want to spoil anything......) I predict that by hour 6 he'll be back on his feet working with Jack to get the bad guys.

Even thou I didn't know everything that was going on, I was impressed with the story nonetheless. After it was done, I set Tivo to record the entire season and borrowed Season One from my roommate. I think I got up to 6 or 7am!

One word of warning - be prepared for some somewhat ridiculous timelines. Last night for example. Look at everything Jack did between 7 and 9 AM.

*SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET*
He's waiting to hear about a job he's trying for and sees television reports that his friend has been assassinated...8 minutes after the rifle shot. Upset about that, he answers a knock at the door with his firearm drawn, only to find out it's his girlfriend. So he starts talking to his girlfriend and her son, and then gets an urgent phone call from another past co-worker, one he hasn't talked to in a year and a half. He advises her to meet him somewhere, pulls an airvent off a wall, removes his emergency bag, and heads out. He finds a rescue helicopter, knocks out the pilot, discovers his girlfriend's son followed him, forces him into the copter, and takes off in the stolen chopper. He flies to the rendesvous point with Chloe and tries to take off with her, but the bad guys show up and he's got to fight instead. He puts down the bad guys, convinces his friend's assassin to confess (less than an hour after that assassination), and then executes him. He then drives to his dead friend's brother's apartment and sneaks in. He has the misfortune of seeing his friend's still warm body before firing up his friend's computer, scanning it for all personal files, and convincing his friend's brother that he was not the assassin. He downloads a decryption tool, finds one key sentence in a chapter of his friend's memoires, fights his way out of the building (through FBI, Secret Service, and local LEAs), and escapes, using Chloe as a ruse while he finds a car, removes the ignition assembly and hotwires it. He gets ahold of his girlfriend and tells her to meet him at the Ontario airport. He then drives there from downtown LA in 17 minutes flat, gives the girlfriend her son back, goes into the airport, finds the guy mentioned in the middle of that sentence in Palmer's diary, watches the guy commit suicide, and then prepares himself to fight off a BUNCH of heavily armed terrorists who have now seized the airport. All of this between 7 and 9 AM. :S:D

It reminds me of a saying we had in the service:
"24 - We do more before 9 AM than most people do all day"

I tell you what, it would take one helluva lot of coffee for me to be that freaking active that early in the morning. :D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

And that 3rd character in critical condition after the first 5 minutes of the show? (Not naming names since I don't want to spoil anything......) I predict that by hour 6 he'll be back on his feet working with Jack to get the bad guys.

Was it the first season or the second when Jack used the loss of his wife as a motivating factor for being one crazy mofo? :D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

If you had the Season 4 DVDs, you would know that Cloe had been in contact with Jack as recently as 6 months earlier, AND that they both knew his "secret" was out. ;) So, you could argue that he was ready and waiting for that call from Cloe, especially in light of what had happened earlier.

And sure, the timeline is ridiculous and Jack NEVER goes to the bathroom or eats OR gets stuck in traffic, but he's JACK so we just let that go......:P

And yes, my prediction is there will be at least 2 crazy mofos chasing the bad guys this season.

If you had the Season 4 DVDs, you would know that Cloe had been in contact with Jack as recently as 6 months earlier, AND that they both knew his "secret" was out. ;)

Huh? There's plot stuff on the DVDs that wasn't broadcast on TV??! :o>:(

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Who knew Chloe was such a slut :P

How DARE you say that about our Chloe. ;) Truth be told, it was long overdue. They put through so much shit. And did you notice how quick on the draw she was with that pistol? Afer last season she is ready for anything.

Oh, and I agree with teamjenn about the whole anxiety thingey. That show messes me up. :o:)

If you had the Season 4 DVDs, you would know that Cloe had been in contact with Jack as recently as 6 months earlier, AND that they both knew his "secret" was out.

Gee thanks.....now I have to get season 4 DVDs! The Behrooz thread was a great one. Damn, I am WHIPPED with a show.

*drops a mega-hint to a certain dz.com member about my next gift* <--- too crazy to be embarrassed:$:P:)

I can't believe nobody has mentioned how Jack just 86ed the guy who killed Palmer! That was so cold, tight, and really put me back in the mindset while affirming the depth of their relationship.

Oh yeah, and President Logan is such a STIFF!!!!!!!!