cjsgrlsx3

WileyX

Hey Cassandra,

I used them in the wind tunnel and I had problems with them coming off. However, I used them in the wind tunnel because I had been using them in freefall and I never had a problem with them in freefall. In fact they worked great because they didn't fog up and they are extemely light weight. However, based on the problems I had with them in the tunnel I don't recommend them. I tried to tighten them down as much as I could and in the tunnel they just wouldn't stay on.

As someone already said, there are cheaper alternatives that work great.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Here is what I started using after I had my eye surgery done. They are Wiley X SG-1 Googles. They come with detachable temples that can be replaced by an elastic strap that comes with them. I have gotten real good prices on e-bay. Just do a search on the name.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

I purchased mine at the Marine Corps Exchange for $50. They said if they don't allow me to wear them then I can bring them back for a refund. But now I am worried about them coming off. They fit pretty snug but I will have to see. They did carry the SG pair also. Maybe I will exchange them for those.

Never had a problem with mine, though I don't think I've ever used them in a tunnel as someone mentionned above. I just make sure they're pushed onto the bridge of my nose before exit and I give the elastic a swift tug as I head towards the door, (I ensure the elastic is below the rear edge of my helmet for this reason).

Your mileage may vary - give it a shot and if worst comes to worst you just got yourself some sunglasses.

I would counsel you against using them till at least you're self supervised. Instructors like to be able to see your eyes so avoid any eye-wear which have tinted lenses.