RkyMtnHigh

Point Break..give me a break!

Hey anyone see Point Break lately? I watched it again last night and want to know how many people really have conversations in freefall? and..towards the end, when Swayze and Reeves went "ka-plunk", that was a "yeah right" moment when Swayze gets up and walks off (without so much as a limp?) to the Jeep and drives off.
Just thinking outloud...:S

I had a conversation during a lawn-dart once. We chunked it (from 5.5k) out of the 182. The guy jumping with me let out a "whoop", I said "yeah, this is cool" he said "wanna break" I said "yup" and we broke to track away.

We heard each other clear as day. It was actually very odd.

That is totally true...he posts here as well, Aero04.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I had a conversation during a lawn-dart once. We chunked it (from 5.5k) out of the 182. The guy jumping with me let out a "whoop", I said "yeah, this is cool" he said "wanna break" I said "yup" and we broke to track away.

That is totally true...he posts here as well, Aero04.

four way before terminal and only I and Laurie had gotten together she looks at me, looks at Psyhco and kip and says,"Let's go get 'em" Landed and had to ask her to make sure my mind was not screwing with me

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

That movie is 100% true ;)

You should do a reading in free fall that is possible right well maybe in a movie

But If it was possible it would pretty cool lots of energy i think.

Hmmm now i am thinking how that could be done.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Well, I don't hear much in freefall but I do remember when I did my first tandem. The instructor was able to give be instructions in freefall (breathe!!! woohoo!!! pull!!!) but I think that's the only time I've heard voices in freefall (besides the one's in my head of course). I think proximity and windspeed may be a factor. I'd work out the physics of it but I never took fluid dynamics in school and it would just make my head hurt :P I see what you're saying though. Learning to skydive spoiled that movie for me too ;)

I totally believe you. I know you can talk (yell more like it) in freefall. Not like we have meaningful conversations, but we can hear each other.

BTW, is anyone else getting tired of the same stupid conversations about point break, dropzone, and cutaway? Geeze people, use the search function.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Seriously don’t you think it would be a good idea.
Just think maybe just a reading not cards in free fall. Your mind is shut off and the only thing your feeling is your soul. I think it would rock. I’ll tell you what as soon as I get more jumps a lot more jumps I would be willing to try it I think it would be a really good idea.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Seriously don’t you think it would be a good idea.
Just think maybe just a reading not cards in free fall. Your mind is shut off and the only thing your feeling is your soul. I think it would rock. I’ll tell you what as soon as I get more jumps a lot more jumps I would be willing to try it I think it would be a really good idea.

Yeah..I was thinking the same at this early stage, I still need to FOCUS on what I'm doing..:S

It's possible to talk under very special circumstances. Tandem instructors can usually talk to the students, but if you watch video, the instructor is putting his mouth right next to the student's ear and talking LOUDLY. We had some marines come in for tandems last year and they were razzing one because the video showed that and they said it looked like the instructor was kissing his neck :D

On the "hill", subterminal, you can sometimes hear people shouting at you if you're close. I have no idea why this is, but you'll hear stories about it, and I heard it myself once. It amy be because the relative wind is pushing your voice sideways. I had a deathgrip on a girl's arms on exit, and she had one shoulder that had a tendency to dislocate. She screamed "LET GO" and I did :o Wasn't expecting that. She was OK, but I was pretty startled.

99.9% of the time, all you hear is wind.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Ive been known to be heard by the people on the ground while I am hooting and hollering in freefall!

I did a solo tracking dive once(no one else was at the dz)
as soon as I got out I yelled....SSSKKYYYDDDIIIVVVNNNGG MMMAAKKEESSS MEEEEEE HOOORRRRNNNYYY!!!

when I landed the ground walkers ask
"what did you yell? we heard something about Skydiving and horny?" LOL
My photos

My Videos

>BTW, is anyone else getting tired of the same stupid conversations
>about point break, dropzone, and cutaway?

It's sort of a rite of passage for new jumpers. At some point, every new jumper has to say "Point Break is so fake! Like they could really freefall for four minutes." The good news there is that the first time they say that . . . well, you know the rest.

Ive been known to be heard by the people on the ground while I am hooting and hollering in freefall!

I did a solo tracking dive once(no one else was at the dz)
as soon as I got out I yelled....SSSKKYYYDDDIIIVVVNNNGG MMMAAKKEESSS MEEEEEE HOOORRRRNNNYYY!!!

when I landed the ground walkers ask
"what did you yell? we heard something about Skydiving and horny?" LOL

THAT'S GREAT! so, you better watch what you yell up there!;)