Calvin19

ladies...

And it's not the first post of his that has taken an offensive tone.

]

i dont post offensively to women, i post honestly, well, i try. i cant convey my thoughts to well online. i dont have 7000 posts like some of you hosers:P

dont think im trying to offend women, im trying to be open, and honest. I have as much respect for women as i do for men. women just take everything a lot more seriously.

It must be the OxyContin.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

]

i dont post offensively to women, i post honestly, well, i try. i cant convey my thoughts to well online. i dont have 7000 posts like some of you hosers:P

dont think im trying to offend women, im trying to be open, and honest. I have as much respect for women as i do for men. women just take everything a lot more seriously.

I'd bet that just as many men as women on here took your first comments as a bit crooked.

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

oh please. Maybe you have the benefit of having seen a better side to him, but based upon that first post, where he mentions how all women look like sluts on Halloween, and how he lies to his woman when he tells her she's the most beautiful, he's stepping over the lines of respect towards women.

Well I certainly didn't agree with his first post, I fail to see where it says he LIES to her about it. Was he being disrespectful towards women, perhaps. Did he maybe not realize the way his post sounded until it was pointed out to him. I'd say yes.

And to be honest, a LOT of women dress like sluts at Halloween. I had a conversation about just that with some other women at work this past week. But I digress ...

And it probably won't be his last. That's the beauty of DZ dot com. You can post ANYTHING and it's bound to offend SOMEONE. It's up to the reader to decide if (a) it offends me and (b) if I'll reply. And it's also up to the reader if they decide to reply with something constructive (as Lawrocket did).

As I have been told many a time, if you're not ready to take criticism, don't post on here.

Exactly. It comes from all directions.

If you can't speak with respect about people, expect to hear objections towards it.

And that's what most everyone seems to be doing, rather than pointing out WHAT he said was wrong and explaining it to him.

And for the record, I have several close friends that are 'young guys' and they wouldn't dream of posting in that manner. It's definately not what anyone should 'expect' of someone of any age.

As do I. But they seem to figure this out by me bringing it to their attention. Young guys say stupid things (as do young girls).

It's so hard to judge a person by the way they post here. Let's try and HELP them.

A few posts here and Calvin seems to be figuring things out.

Let's hope it works!
'Shell

Most people that age wouldn't make a post like that. It's true. It's why I have different "expectations" of people. My expectation is that people will act appropriuately regardless fo age and regardless of the thoughts they have. On the other hand, I also reckon that similarly situated guys are gonna have those thoughts and let them slip.

It turns out that he posted somrthing different from what he meant to say. We've all had posts that were not really what we meant, or even posts that leave us on the defensive when the whole story hasn't come out. I have. You have. Calvin has.

I think he explained himself, and I think you are right about appropiate postings. I myself admitted that I didn't think it was appropriate, but he explained it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Well of course you fail to see where he said he feels bad lying to her.....he deleted that. But he certainly did say it. I read it three times before I posted on it to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

And Shell, I am trying to help him. By showing him that when he's rude, he should be called on it. He, like all of us have, will learn to think a little more about what he says and how he says it.

The crack about women dressing slutty on Halloween. Yet, SOME women dress in what SOME people would call a slutty manner. Others call it sexy. But in any case, not ALL women do as he stated. Again, a statement that can no longer be verified.

Most people that age wouldn't make a post like that. It's true. It's why I have different "expectations" of people. My expectation is that people will act appropriuately regardless fo age and regardless of the thoughts they have. On the other hand, I also reckon that similarly situated guys are gonna have those thoughts and let them slip.

It turns out that he posted somrthing different from what he meant to say. We've all had posts that were not really what we meant, or even posts that leave us on the defensive when the whole story hasn't come out. I have. You have. Calvin has.

I think he explained himself, and I think you are right about appropiate postings. I myself admitted that I didn't think it was appropriate, but he explained it.

Most of this I agree with, but it never hurts to sit back and preview a post before sending it. Sort of like thinking before you speak, especially when you're in such 'mixed' company as in any of these fora.

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

I'm confused about his explanation.

do you really believe it when your boy tells you after a social gathering that you were the most beautiful girl there? i mean, that seems like a pretty serious delusion. i hate lieing to her. i like lieing, but not to the GF.

i need to get off dorkzone cause she is on her way, it would be bad if she saw this on the laptop

***im trying to be open, and honest

How is he trying to be open and honest when he admits lying to his girlfriend and wouldn't want her to see what he has written?

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

First you say this:

Jeez, he's doign what one would think a guy his age would be doing.

and then you say this:

Most people that age wouldn't make a post like that. It's true. It's why I have different "expectations" of people. My expectation is that people will act appropriuately regardless fo age and regardless of the thoughts they have.***

These two statements appear to contradict one another. The second I agree with. The first one surprised me. A lot.

And again, not having the benefit of seeing a more genteel side to Calvin, I still wouldn't say he explained himself. It seems more like Shell told him what he really meant and he just agreed.

And go ahead, criticize me. After the day I've had, nothing can touch me. I'm just being honest about my feelings.:P

Well of course you fail to see where he said he feels bad lying to her.....he deleted that. But he certainly did say it. I read it three times before I posted on it to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

Trust me. I read it a few times myself to see if that's what he was saying before I replied. I didn't see it that way. I guess it's in the way we perceive things.

And Shell, I am trying to help him. By showing him that when he's rude, he should be called on it. He, like all of us have, will learn to think a little more about what he says and how he says it.

Yes, he should be called on it. But I think it should be followed with HOW he can be more respectful.

The crack about women dressing slutty on Halloween. Yet, SOME women dress in what SOME people would call a slutty manner. Others call it sexy. But in any case, not ALL women do as he stated. Again, a statement that can no longer be verified.

SOME, ALL ... does it really matter what word he used. Someone would have jumped on that comment regardless of whether he lumped all women in it or not. Like I said, I had a conversation about the slutty, sleazy, sexy, costumes out there with another woman at work the other day. But that's not the point of this.

I'm pretty sure he's learning his lesson (at least I hope he is).

'Shell
'Shell

'Shell

yep, he's really learning his lesson -

here on dorkzone with all the hosers - his words not mine
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

'Shell

Calling it "dorkzone" doesn't hurt my feelings at all. And I'm a "hoser" ... I'm okay with being called that. {Thanks Bob + Doug McKenzie!}

Maybe he is learning. Maybe he isn't. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially after the replies to his post here.

Then again, maybe I'm being naive.

'Shell
'Shell

I think a better question is, "Guys. Do you really believe it if you tell your lady that she's the most beautiful woman at a gathering?"

I'm fortunate to truly believe that I'm married to the most beautiful woman on earth. When I tell her she is, I mean it. Are there hotter women? Yep. Is there a more beautiful woman on the face of the earth? I don't think so. Not other woman is even close.

Attached is a picture from about a year and a half ago of my present family - a circumstance where I don't mind being the ugliest! And damn, we made a cute kid! Tell me I'm not a lucky freaking guy... I'm even luckier than Remi...

The woman in the photo is quite beautiful... Which one of the remaining two in the photo, however, is the kid? :D

'Shell

Calling it "dorkzone" doesn't hurt my feelings at all. And I'm a "hoser" ... I'm okay with being called that. {Thanks Bob + Doug McKenzie!}

Maybe he is learning. Maybe he isn't. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially after the replies to his post here.

Then again, maybe I'm being naive.

'Shell

You, Shell? Naive? Nah. Remember when I told you that Webster took gullible out of the dictionary...

Anyway, sometimes I think Calvin has a side bet with his buddies to see how long he can keep his thread at the top of the Bonfire...;)

(edited to add, I'm not part of that bet)

That's the beauty of DZ dot com. You can post ANYTHING and it's bound to offend SOMEONE. !

cheersB|

and, after me and GF read this whole thread, i got a few dirty looks, after showing her my original post, and i did fuck up, i posted it incorrectly.

ok, so after we talked about it a bit, i explained it to her better than i did in my original post.

OK, so when a guy tells his girl she is the most beautiful one there, he doesnt mean that she will winn a beauty contest, that WOULD be delusional. he means that to him, she is the most beautifu girl there. and that should mean more to the girl than pointing out that she was the most beautiful girl there. unless all the girl cares about it the way she looks compared to other girls (is that what they all are like?:S)

so, after a few bad looks from my GF, i get a kiss, and she was laying on my shoulder as i type this on my laptop. I Love her because we can be not just honest with eachother, we can be open and honest and blunt. even if it takes a minute to get over the blow.

im sorry if i offended any girls out there.

and i really dont know why girls like me, its not like i get more tail than any other guy, but i see your point about wondering how i even have a GF.

and Eliza says hello.

PS, this IS dorkzone to me,because i am kinda a dork. and I call EVERYONE Hosers, my freinds, my parents, i call EVERYONE homeslice, its not an insult. its just me being a dork.

be well, and goodnight.

and dont take me too seriously. i call it dorkzone for a reason. maybe im just making fun of myself.

PPS it really sucks liveing with your Girlfriends older brother. even if you have been with her for a year.:S

These two statements appear to contradict one another.

I have a two year old son. I think that he's going to do bad things. My expectation, however, is that he not to bad things. This is where standards for behavior fall into play. While he is two, he will have standards for his behavior.

So, when he acts like he's two, it doesn't make it right. He's just acting like a two year old, and I will give him guidance on how to act in accordance with my expectations.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Actually, I don't believe that you have a g/f.
I also don't believe that a weather change will allow you to paraglide.

I also think that you intentionally post harrassing comments and then rely on the good nature of others to accept your "apologies".

It must be galling to read the posts of people having a good time.

I can't imagine why you find this type of trolling enjoyable.

I don't have the good nature of many of the others, so why don't we both play your game for a while. Shall we dance?

we shall, take my arm

The theory behind proper trolling is to go to their ballroom and play the unhappy music, so no one can dance.

Transporting irritation to others is somehow amusing to a troll.

Perhaps we should play in... a different forum.
Maybe cross-post some stuff. Your friends would be interested in your musings. It's a small world.