GARYC24

Airport travel/flask question

The xray machines or the walk through? The Xray for sure, the walk though, only if the flask is metal. If you have anything large in your pocket they will see it an force you to run it through te Xray.

Remember currently all liquids have to be in a container no larger then 3.0 ox's and then all those items need to be in a single 1 qt bag ;) Only liquids larger then 3 oz's are medications or baby bottles.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Yeah, you'll probally be prevented from carrying it through security. They are really cracking down on the liquids thing. They tossed a bottle of cologne in my manangers carryon that was in a bag because it was 3.5 oz's. If you have a non-metal flask that is larger then 3 oz's its goint to stick out when you try to walk though the detector. They have even recently taken to asking people to remove sweat shirts or anything baggy if they have another shirt under them to keep them from hiding things. The detectors pick up lighters as people carry them through so it wold easly pick up a flask ;)

Also airlines have been cracking down on allowing intoxicated people on board. Last trip through DFW the bartender was saying they are only allowed to serve so much to anyone now.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The metal detector can also pick up plastic and/or gel I believe.

Back in September of this year I had trouble taking a 2oz. tube of hydrocortisone through security. It was in gel form and just in a little plastic container, no metal. I stuck it in my pocket thinking I could get away with it. Nope, busted. The walk-through metal detector found it, and then I got set aside and wanded. The wand picked it up too. I wasn't allowed to take it with me.

Head
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

Just put a mess of those little bottles in a plastic bag in your carry-on - If they tell you you have to get rid of them, drink them.

or hand them out to the TSA guys, and do some shots with em. It will make the passengers behind you have a much easier time :P

MB 3528, RB 1182