RkyMtnHigh

Positive Thoughts/Prayers for my Grandfather

*sigh* Just got a call from my dad that my 93 yr old grandfather fell in the street this morning while getting the newspaper. Some kids drove by, stopped, and helped carry him back to his house. He's a tall man (6'5") so that must have been a challenge. All I know is that his nose is broken..hope that's all.
If he weren't so stubborn about using a walker...[:/]

You got it sweetie. I hope his recovery is swift, and I hope he realizes it might take less strength to admit he could use a tool to get around, than it does to actually get around unaided at this point...

Glad to hear it's not his hip and that the kids who drove by were good folks.

We're getting ready to celebrate my Opa's 90th in December. We're pretty lucky, you and I, and so are they - I only hope we last as long!! :)
edit: this version makes more sense

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Prayers for your grandpa; hope his recovery is quick.

I'd echo that thought about the nice kids helping him back to his house. That part makes you feel that there's some good people around in this world. :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

We call my grandfather "Gagaw" and yes the fam feels very grateful to still have him around at 93..and still able to carry on great conversations, memory is good, and physically in pretty good shape. My dad said his face is really scraped up like he went thru a windshield or something but that it'll heal fine...so will the broken nose. Whew!

Good PLF, Gagaw!B|

Here's wishing your grandfather a speedy recovery and something to make him laugh. Cuz', you know, laughter is a well-known pharmaceutical. :)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Your story made me smile!

Human kindness is real! It exists!

It might not be where I live, but it's out there.

I broke an ankle rollerblading and I was sitting on a curb behind a shopping center. Twenty people walked past me - most of them wouldn't make eye contact with me and not one of them said a word. Finally, a construction work saw me and lent me his phone. It was very nice of him. However, as soon as I made the call, he got back in his truck and drove away.

I hope your grandpa heals quickly! Sending some positive (((((VIBES))))) his way.
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

I still say my "Rumble in the Rest Home" story is a good explanation for when people ask him what happened. :)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

My grandma is a bit shaken still. Hearing her talk about the compassion and generosity of the two young men who helped get him out of the street gave me *goosebumps*...they are so grateful. The doc found out that he had an infection which affected his equilibrium resulting in the fall.

I told him he might want to consider skydiving since he's already mastered the PLF...and he laughed and said he wasn't ready to be a stuntman quite yet.:ph34r:

COOOOOOOL! One of the guys stopped back by after work to check on my grandpa and said he'd keep checking in on them. That's just awesome!

COOOOOOOL! One of the guys stopped back by after work to check on my grandpa and said he'd keep checking in on them. That's just awesome!

That is awesome. You and your grandparents will be in our thoughts.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

So maybe this is actually good news since it means they caught the infection before something more than a broken nose happened - and we all get a reminder that sometimes doing something for someone else can impact a lot of other people in a positive way. Here's to the people who helped him home and the friend who will visit!
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

So sorry to hear that K. At his age sometimes the blow to the confidence can be as big a blow as the physical injuries. I will say a prayer for both of you.
J
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My father broke his hip last year. Used the walker for about - oh, I'd say 10 minutes...long enough to learn how at the hospital, out the ER door (watched by the Dr.), and then when we got back to his house he used it to get inside.

Got a phone call about two hours later, describing how he almost missed getting to the bathroom because he was using the walker, it got stuck in the doorway between the living room and the hall, and refused to use it thereafter. Dad also refused surgery (recommended).

Dad is back walking 3 miles 3 times a week in the hills, with no ill effects. No limp, no lasting pain, nothing problematic at all. Sometimes, stubbornness works well (and it's apparent where I got it from).

Your Gagaw sounds like my father; stubborn and independent. My love and vibes to him, and to you.

And huge thanks to the guys who helped him, and came back after work to make sure he was all right. Those guys remind all of us that it's acceptable to "get involved" and that our caring makes a difference.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~