Calvin19

i HATE the English system.

it blows. even aviation has been forever confused by a totaly moronic measurnet system.

fuck, canada changed.

But do you have to take it out on the English language? [:/]

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I'm currently finishing my proposal to the BIPM to bring time onto the metric system.

The proposed unit is (1) While [WH].

B|

What's the conversion rate? :|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

1 While will be equivalent to the amount of time required to place a 1/2 empty 12 oz can of beer on a table, stand up from a La-Z-boy recliner model 12543, walk 4 meters to a fridge, rumage around and retrieve another can of beer, visit the john and return to the La-Z-Boy.

Strangely enough it is the exact time of an NFL Sunday commercial break.

I'm currently finishing my proposal to the BIPM to bring time onto the metric system.

We used to do metric days all the time in College..
Wake up Friday Morning and not go to bed till sometime Sunday Morning. Then Sleep one metric night (IE.. Sunday Morning till Monday Morning)

Basically you end up with a One day weekend.. But not many of us could have handled a two day metric weekend. :P:D:D

The English system is better for so many things.

Let's say you see a gal with a hot body. I don't want to find out her measurements as 91.4/63.5/86.4. 36/25/34 sounds way better to me.

I never wanted to hear a bird say, "Give me 20.3 centimeters, chap, and make it HARD!" "Gimme 8 inches" is better.

A football field being 91.44 meters in length? 109.73 meters with the end zones? That'd suck.

The Aerosmith song? "She just love my big 25.4 centimeter record of her favorite blues?"
The Who? "I can see for kilometers and kilometers?"

I drink beer from "yards" not from "91.4 cms."

The metric system sucks...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's I for fucks sake it's IIIII,

It drives me fucking crazy when people don't use a capital I

think about what you're trying to do ;)

teach a yank the finer points of the English language, not a chance mate

they're too busy saying "sucks" "blows" and any other garbage they say on a regular basis (and before an Einsteins correct my grammar, i'm aloud to get it wrong, I'm English :D)

Hey, Rebecca! I think he's trying to tell us something!

What is it, boy? Timmy's in the well???!!!

:D I've always wanted a dog like that.
Lassie would come up to the window at the schoolhouse and bark.

"Mrs. Jones, Lassie says it's an emergency. Can I go with her ?"
"Of course, Timmy. Take the entire day off from school."

I'm just trying to teach one to put his nose up womens skirts. :o

"Woof. Woof, woof."
(I am soooo going to take my work number off the speed dial.)
:)

it blows. even aviation has been forever confused by a totaly moronic measurnet system.

fuck, canada changed.

Ok so name another measurement that you can divide by 2,3,4 and 6

I wish we still used imperial but the metric lobby seem to be taking over....muppets.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

Let's say you see a gal with a hot body. I don't want to find out her measurements as 91.4/63.5/86.4. 36/25/34 sounds way better to me.

Wait a sec.

a centimetre is a unit with a higher resolution than an inch. why would you use decimals on the more precise number, yet round up the inches like an animal? Answer me that!

The impreial system is stupid. I'd love for it to completly dissappear (If i wasn't so hopelessly dependant on it.)

Although all the units of measurement based on NOTHING piss me off. I mean really, just because some jerk scientist couldn't get his lab any cooler, why would he set "that" temperature as 0 degrees fahrenheit.

At least the metric system is usually based on SOMETHING.

like it was said, it would be 91/64/86

A football field being 91.44 meters in length? 109.73 meters with the end zones? That'd suck.

there are one or two of us out there who could give less of a flying fuck about football. hell, well just make your playgroud 100 meters long. you probably wouldnt even notice.

I drink beer from "yards" not from "91.4 cms."

beer? that explains a lot. drinking games. :S

-SPACE-