b_dog

So what do y'all do for a living?

Something I'd like to ask of all you skydivers out there, what career field are you in?

I know I can find statistics at the USPA website regarding different sectors (military, enginners, etc) but I'd like to get personal responses here.

I travel around the world and work as a chef/barman/dropzone marketing... do whatever i can to keep the travel bug alive.
It is cheaper to travel around the wrld than stay put in a country.

seriously though, i make a living with my family developing subdivisions. Dont need to be at home for that though, so where ever the plane ticket is looking good, that is where i am.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I'm the backbone of society, without me you'd all be back in the stone age.

I'm the man you call when the HVAC, plumming,or electrics go down.
I'm the man that fixes your appliances
I'm the man you call to get rid of those giant turds that just won't go away

Basically I'm the man;)

Gone fishing

Air Traffic Control. Love it, the best job in the world until the last 8 months or so. My job is to call traffic in the DZ, and then the pilot turns the green light on anyway. :D

Just kidding, up until the last few months I would have recommended the career to anyone. But the FAA imposed a payscale where Wal Mart pays more for their employees. Can you imagine an air traffic controller getting paid $17.79 an hour (with benefits) to work the busiest traffic in the entire world? That is today's FAA.

Bob Marks
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

Basically I'm the man;)

So you're a shit stirrer:ph34r:

I"m an adolescence attitude adjuster:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm the backbone of society, without me you'd all be back in the stone age.

I'm the man you call when the HVAC, plumming,or electrics go down.
I'm the man that fixes your appliances

Basically I'm the man;)

you mean the guy that takes all the credit while us tradesman make it work(engineer on profile):D

Im a union pipe insulator.Keep your building heat hot and air cond. cold Keep your powerhouses, oil refineries, chem/pharm plants up and running
Insulators keep you hotter...longer.
Thats why i love this sport, i hit all the big OT jobs and can carry my gear in my Jeep, no trailer to drag and plent of cool people on the way. Now that my femur healed up I am changing careers. I got accepted in the UP railroad /conductor trainee...easy street here i come!
Finally still be able to make the 80ks while sitting on my arse half the time:P
www.911missinglinks.com the definitive truth of 9/11..the who and why, not how

You can handle the TRUTH www.theforbiddentruth.net

But the FAA imposed a payscale where Wal Mart pays more for their employees. Can you imagine an air traffic controller getting paid $17.79 an hour (with benefits) to work the busiest traffic in the entire world? That is today's FAA.

Wow! Walmart is paying over 17 bucks an hour now? Lucky, apron wearing, smiley faced cashiers! :D Why don't you go get a job there?

But the FAA imposed a payscale where Wal Mart pays more for their employees. Can you imagine an air traffic controller getting paid $17.79 an hour (with benefits) to work the busiest traffic in the entire world? That is today's FAA.

Wow! Walmart is paying over 17 bucks an hour now? Lucky, apron wearing, smiley faced cashiers! :D Why don't you go get a job there?

that is crap but where is walmart paying that high? I dont think the unions would be bitching if that was the case. Well dont go for medical career, soon as they get social medicine youll be paying for all that school to get some measly 25 an hour...oops sounded speakers corner:|
www.911missinglinks.com the definitive truth of 9/11..the who and why, not how

You can handle the TRUTH www.theforbiddentruth.net

Can you imagine an air traffic controller getting paid $17.79 an hour (with benefits) to work the busiest traffic in the entire world? That is today's FAA.

Uhmm. I think it's more like $35-$40 an hour, at least at the center I'm at, ZSE.

But, yes, you can tell the FAA does not value its employees. The petty harassment and denial of collective bargaining really suck.

I fall under a very broad term of "IT Professional"...

To be more specific, I install (as well as configure, upgrade, troubleshoot, etc.) medical imaging systems in diagnostic radiology, to make those old-fashioned films things of the past. So, the next time someone is visiting a hospital after a not-so-perfect landing (ouch!), or getting an OB ultrasound (much better!), chances are very good that a Dr. is looking at your bones, or your soon to be born baby, on our system... :P B|
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...