happythoughts

turtle issues

I keep trying to get them to use the gate.

The dummy in the attached pic had got himself stuck and then pushed all the dirt away, so he was just in mid-air. Kind of like spinning your tires until you are on the axle.

He's lucky that I noticed him as I went along the fence for two reasons.

One, no telling how long he was stuck in the fence. He wasn't going anywhere soon either. (I poured some water on him before freeing him.)

Two, I was weed-eating the fence line. That weedeater line hitting some turtle butt would have stung.
:o

I'd give him some wire cutters if he had opposable thumbs. :D

Just cover him in lard. Not sure it would be too effective but it sure would look wierd....

wasnt there a therad a while ago about someone greasing thier cat up?

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

I'd give him some wire cutters if he had opposable thumbs. :D

Just cover him in lard. Not sure it would be too effective but it sure would look wierd....

I would, but when I let him go, a snail was riding on his back and yelling, "I feel the need for speeeeed...'

However, we have a problem with armadillos getting hit by cars. I'd like to put some reflective strips on a few to see if it would make them more visible.
My concern is that drunks would think they were road reflectors and try to follow them through the pasture.

drunks would think they were road reflectors and try to follow them through the pasture.

GET VIDEO!B|

We've got a better method here. Forfeiture

***The police bypass the courts and confiscate money and property on the spot through a department-created form called the "Contraband Forfeiture Agreement." By signing it, a person agrees to relinquish their property to the police and waive any rights they have to try to get it back through the courts.

In some cases -- including one last year where police seized more than $43,000 from a man during a traffic stop -- people have signed over cash and other property without ever getting charged with a crime.

When the car gets stuck, I'll just say, "Maybe you are drunk, but... we can forget about it if you give me the car... and any cash you have." It's not my idea, that is just how the process works.
:D

It's not my idea, that is just how the process works.

Cha-Ching!B|

I'm MOVING to YOUR area!:ph34r:

Buy a little property near a sharp curve, ice that baby down on a Friday night...and RETIRE!:)

...and I've been WASTING all this time INVESTING!:S>:(:)

....Hummm....I could sit out there and offer 'em a beer while they 'wait for the wrecker'...even better, put up some grandstands and offer betting on distance before flipping!:D

....I gotta make some calls!:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Unfortunately, most of our drivers fall into three categories.
1- Retirees who don't go over 14 mph because they can't see past their hood.
2- "The most careful people in the world" People without insurance. Always doing 25 in the 35 zone. They don't want to be stopped.
3- Drunk rednecks with no cash, no insurance, and a car that barely made it to the crash. You'd just end up in a fight, regardless of the lack of reason.

About 10 years ago, one elderly couple was following another couple home in the fog. The first couple went down a boat ramp, the second followed. (True)

Selling grandstand seats would just encourage them.

:D

About 10 years ago, one elderly couple was following another couple home in the fog. The first couple went down a boat ramp, the second followed. (True)

When I was a teenager in Northern IN, I had a buddy who was driving to a date one night in a blinding blizzard. It was so bad he couldn't see anything but the tailights of the car ahead. So he focused on carefully following it. The lady he was following ran into the ditch, so of course he followed her into the ditch and rear-ended her.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That weedeater line hitting some turtle butt would have stung.

Oh - I dunno - there are good hurts and the re are bad hurts . . . >:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That weedeater line hitting some turtle butt would have stung.

Oh - I dunno - there are good hurts and the re are bad hurts . . . >:(

Good or bad? :)

Bad. Very bad!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun