ACMESkydiver

What Instrument(s) Do You Play?

Hubby says we can buy one next year... I'm practically holding my breath

Then you can torture your daughter by making her practice piano while all of her friends are playing outside! :ph34r:

I have the clarinet and piano that I played as a child. It's kinda neat to see my kids play the same instruments. They both took piano lessons and also played an instrument in the Middle School bands and yes, I made them do it. I think playing an instrument and music appreciation is very important in the development of a child.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think playing an instrument and music appreciation is very important in the development of a child.

While I'm not a parent, I would have to agree!:)
I didn't hate that I was "made" to play until my mid-teens. I subsequently quit (piano) for a while, too--That's when I took up drums. I'd ALWAYS wanted to play drums.B|
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Piano, Flute, Piccolo, trumpet and sax. Althought to be honest I haven't played anything since my mid 20s. I still have my Flute (open holed), but it is in need of tuning and TLC. I'd love to have a piano, but we just don't have the room in our house.
Fly it like you stole it!

Yet another oboe player! I'm kind of surprised there have been more than 2 in the thread.

I played oboe as far as 'Grade 5'. Haven't played in about 10 years though.
Gabriel’s Oboe (sometimes known as Nella Fanstasia) by Ennio Morricone, was the tune I enjoyed playing most. :)

right now I am plying bass in Jesus christ Superstar

That's the only musical I've ever seen that I disliked. :S It was just kind of creepy to me.

Our highschool did it, and the acting was incredible, the musical talent amazing, but i just couldn't enjoy it. -And a public highschool would never get away with doing that musical in today's society. [:/]

Actually the musical is a semi professional show, that is arranged and sponsored by the college I am at. they pay for all profesional staff and rent of the theatrer. the people at the stage and in the band is students. it is known to be the best college musical in Denmark.

I can see why you find it creepy. it has some dark scenes, and if one is a bit religious it might be to intense and sad. but I love the songs and the acting. it is very similar to Joseph, but way more intense. and very hardcore bass notes. i have my hands full right now:S
https://icarusanddaedalusadventures.blogspot.com/

I only play my 6-string guitar for fun now.

I can play but haven't touched in years:
Bass guitar
Trumpet
Clarinet
Sax
Sousaphone
Tuba
limited drums
tubular organs

This is your list as Jay told me :)
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I play around at playing guitar... used to be able to read music, but have forgotten 90% of it. I can still play along with most songs, if I've got the chord chart for the song and they're (very) basic chords...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hmmm.....

I was sort of a band geek in highschool, so here goes....

Primary instrument was Oboe and clarinet, but I played trumpet, bass clarinet, flute, piccolo, alto/barry sax, guitar (mostly acoustic), drums, and I did xylophone/bells on the drumline for one marching band/parade season. Spent the last two seasons marching drum major, so I didn't get to play much. I always wanted to learn piano, but no matter what I tried I could never get that one. [:/]

So now you guys know how geeky I am! ;)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Guitar, flute, drums...

You thought you could stick "flute" in between guitar and drums and not get made fun of!:o:ph34r::P

Are you kidding? the only SMART guy in our high school band played flute because he was in the middle of 15 girls ALL the time! :D:D

He was good...ended up section leader, too. Damn I had such a crush on him. :P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Guitar, flute, drums...

You thought you could stick "flute" in between guitar and drums and not get made fun of!:o:ph34r::P

Are you kidding? the only SMART guy in our high school band played flute because he was in the middle of 15 girls ALL the time! :D:D

He was good...ended up section leader, too. Damn I had such a crush on him. :P

:-) shhh don't spread the secret
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...