weegegirl

How fast do you run a mile in?

Just curious what the fitness level of this group is.

9 minutes :) for a mile and a half....

frikking army PTIs making me run around all day....grrrr

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

I know some guys who were out in Oman on training exercises and the army didnt have anything better to do than make them run around all day....PT twice a day in Oman heat?

A couple of my mates go thier 1.5mile times down to 8 minutes....thats just not funny.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

5k - 6:00

10k - 7:30-8:30

25k - 10-10:30

I'm confident they are referring to their pace.

Either that or the number of hours, not minutes, that it takes...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm a slow runner. I'm very happy with a 10 or even a 12 minute mile.

Having had a bunch of broken ankles, I'm just happy that I can still run (it's painful, but I can do it).

wish i had such an excuse for being a slow runner :-) I usually come in around 10-11 minutes...never been a good runner [:/] I'd rather swim :-)

Wow. Memory lane here for me. I ran competitively in high school and two years in college.

Mile: 4:46 (1976)
2 Mile: 10:09 (1976)
Half Marathon: 1:21:00 (1979)

I got way out of shape, and then got back in shape.

California International Marathon: 3:11:53 (Dec. 1993)

Boston Marathon: 3:21:27 (1994)

Marine Corps Marathon: 3:17:XX (1995)

California International Marathon: 3:10:23 (Dec. 1995)

Boston Marathon: 3:31:XX (April 1996)

Absolutely the time of my life, and I am working on getting back to something decent at 48 years old. Right now? I could do a mile in about 5 and a half minutes. This assumes an ambulance is on site and immediately picks me up at the 1/4 mile mark in full cardiac arrest. :D

Bob Marks
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

The best I have ever done on a PT test is a 12:48 2-mile. Which would leave me at about a 6:24 1 mile. Sadly, lately I have been barely passing with a 15:48 (7:54 1 mile). :(

Wow, I really need to get back in shape!

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

38 years old, over 20 years of the Army and still doing 2 miles in the mid 14's (1 mile just over 7 minutes). I used to be faster when the jump numbers where lower (not skydives but the near 200 round jumps).[:/]
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!