daytripper419

Vigil 2

Candace of Vigil USA told me last week that the Vigil II should be available by late March or early April. But no guarantees, and no orders can be placed with Vigil USA for the Vigil II at this time. Dealers will be notified a day or two before the release...and I currently have 6 orders waiting to be placed for Vigil IIs.

At the PIA, Vigil reps said it will be sold as the Vigil II. With the new features including the unit being waterproof, a flatter profile and a longer lasting battery (10 years or 2500 jumps). The price should remain the same at $1199. Anyway, all of my customers who prefer the Vigil over the other AADs seem to be content to wait it out for the Vigil II instead of taking the original Vigil.

With all things being the same (as for price and/or service), support your local drop zone, dealer or gear shop and buy locally.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

a longer lasting battery (10 years or 2500 jumps)

Are you sure?

From Vigil comparison: - Expected lifetime: min 1.000 jumps or 4 years

Pete

Yes, that was what they were advertising at the PIA symposium for the Vigil II. Also the replacement battery is going to be cheaper. I think right now the original Vigil battery is $145 and I think the proposed price of the Vigil II battery is $45.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

There is nothing on Vigil web site and none of the online shops show it on their's as available either.

Sabre1Lucke, where did you order yours?
"Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off"
Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"

Hello to all,

About our new Guardian Angel...

We have a small delay, the Vigil 2 is ready at 99%, but we want 100% as a safety device...

Still planning to ship early April...

I will keep you inform soon !
Feel free to contact me.

Thanks for your patience.

Hello to all,

About our new Guardian Angel...

We have a small delay, the Vigil 2 is ready at 99%, but we want 100% as a safety device...

Still planning to ship early April...

I will keep you inform soon !
Feel free to contact me.

Thanks for your patience.

I wasn't able to find any information about the Vigil 2 on your web site. Please direct me where to look.

http://www.vigil.aero

Thanks!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Now, it is well past April and no news :|

Anyone heard anything on what is going on with Vigil?

They do not reply to PMs >:(
Website has nothing to offer [:/]

"Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off"
Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"

I heard a rigger complain over here too, it seems to be hard to get a hold of cutters at the moment...
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

Anybody heard anything lately? I've been waiting like everyone else and have been jumping without an AAD for the past few months. Now it's repack time.
Previous inquires got some response but the last one didn't get any. I am trying to hold out but....

Well there is always Cypres 2 and Argus (which is now approved in almost any righ, including Basik Air (which has commented alot before as "BKR" )
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...