omerimsky

vigil service bulletin 3

Guest 1010

the bulletin says that Vigil would replace all the damaged cutters.. so is there any extra cost to replace them??

http://www.vigil.aero/pdf/VigilServiceBulletin3_000.pdf

here is the SB, I don't see where Vigil says they will pay to replace it ... my rigger has been in contact with them several times the past couple of weeks, the result being that I need to buy a new cutter to replace my damaged one. Its skydiving, not a cheap sport ... I'm not going to get bent out of shape over three jump tickets.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

Recently Vigil replaced a damaged cutter I had at no cost to me (other than postage for returning the old cutter).

Good service. Just had to contact them, get a return authorization, and send in the damaged cutter. The new cutter arrived within a week.

In the EU, your are guarantee lasts as long as a products economical lifespan. After 2 years, after purchase, the consumer has to proof failure is the result of design or production flaw. In this case, the proof is the bulletin itself. Also the economical lifespan is at least 12 years and one could argue the manufactorer advertises an economical lifespan of 20 years.

Concluding; In the EU Vigil (AAD) has to replace cutters free of charge.
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...