FDNYinTHEsky

Good Helmets

When I bought it the dealer mentioned that it would be smart to always give the strap a good tug when I fastened it, and I have always kept up that habit.

Even better, once you know how snug you like the strap have your friendly neighborhood rigger run a few stitches through the webbing. No more slippage. Ever. Period.

When I bought it the dealer mentioned that it would be smart to always give the strap a good tug when I fastened it, and I have always kept up that habit.

Even better, once you know how snug you like the strap have your friendly neighborhood rigger run a few stitches through the webbing. No more slippage. Ever. Period.

Did that, too. The concern that was expressed to me was not so much that the webbing would slip, but that the clip itself might not be totally locked in. Seems the seatbelt style is more prone to seeming like the clip is in without it fully locking.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Seems the seatbelt style is more prone to seeming like the clip is in without it fully locking.

That sounds more like operator error than gear failure. I have one of those clips on one of my motorbike helmets (dont know if it's the same brand) but my buckle has never failed, although, yes a couple of times I have notsecured it properly
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That sounds more like operator error than gear failure.

And that would be exactly the point both skybytch and I have been making - that the reviews of the gear that say the buckle is to blame don't reflect the full story.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

rawa has a freefly open face that i hear is nice and the camera helmet without the camera box is super comfy and protects your head. it also has two internal audibles. I jump with two audibles always. If you see no reason, the sim does reccomend as well, for freeflying. If thats your cup of tea. hope it helps

joel
don't try your bullshit with me!!!