kelel01

I hate my psychology class . . .

Because I spend the whole time diagnosing myself. :D Apparently, according to Erikson, I'm stuck in the "identity vs. role confusion" stage, which is why I'm having difficulty getting into the "intimacy vs. isolation" stage.

No wonder I can't pick a career AND I'm single! :ph34r:

Erikson's stages, for those interested:

Trust vs. Mistrust - check
Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt - check
Initiative vs. Guilt - check
Industry vs. Inferiority - check
Identity vs. Role Confusion
Intimacy vs. Isolation
Generativity vs. Stagnation
Integrity vs. Despair

"My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery . . . My father would womanize; he would drink; he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really."

Think I'll be ok? :|

Oh my god, I love Psychology! That is what my degree is in.

My first Psychology class is what got me hooked on it. You must be crazy if you do not appreciate psychology.:P I think Freud would say that you hate your teacher and are projecting it to the actual class instead.

Or you ave penis envy......:D:D

You might want to look at who is teaching the class. ;)
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

"My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery . . . My father would womanize; he would drink; he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really."

Think I'll be ok? :|

OMG!!! :D:D:D I'm dyin'!!

My friend Doug regularly quotes that entire thing. :D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Because I spend the whole time diagnosing myself. :D Apparently, according to Erikson, I'm stuck in the "identity vs. role confusion" stage, which is why I'm having difficulty getting into the "intimacy vs. isolation" stage.

No wonder I can't pick a career AND I'm single! :ph34r:

Intimacy vs. Isolation
Integrity vs. Despair

You seem to be absorbing it at least as is evident by the fact that it is ruining your life. I did two psychology electives and it was all I could do to cram the night before to pas the exams (easy A's though).

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

That's okay.... I seem to have completely skipped over Maslow hierarchy for Love and Belonging. I'm balanced in every other level, but defunct in the third level. :D

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

***as is evident by the fact that it is ruining your life

Hmmm, I was unaware of this. :D

Once this psych stuff gets in your head....it owns you!;)

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

A psychiatrist diagnosed me with "dissociative personality disorder." I told her, "You've got the wrong guy."

:D:D:D

You know, so many people still think schizophrenia and DPD are the same thing. :D

Some people also thought that schizophrenia could be caused by your parents. Sooo wrong!!!

Don't worry... I'm in Abnormal Psychology class, and I diagnose myself with a different disorder about every week. :P Hey, atleast I know there is a name associated with my craziness. :P

If you of are eriksons theory then it is not your fault but your parents fault so you didnt screw up.... something happened during that stage of development where you didnt move forward...

I love all my psyc classes I had and for fun I read skinner , and freud (or to resist post whoring)
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Intimacy vs. Isolation
Integrity vs. Despair

Oh my god, I think I'm stuck in all of them. Except maybe the second to last which I don't quite understand. Do I have a problem? :o

Chronistin
(Home @ http://www.fallschirmspringer.net/)

You're probably too young to be working on the second to last one yet.

Unfortunately not. :S

However, yes, you have a problem. I will counsel you for one large bottle of Patron per one-hour session - payable in advance. :ph34r:

Hmmm... If Tequila helps, I'd rather drink it myself. Psychologists scare me. ;)

[eta] Yeah, I actually went to wikipedia and looked it all up. Just think that I came to the forum in search of a little distraction... now I'm feeling really flawed :|

Chronistin
(Home @ http://www.fallschirmspringer.net/)