SpeedRacer

Pets on the bed when you're sleeping.

Is it allowed in your house or not?

I have two cats that like to sleep on the bed with me. Problem is, it restricts where I can put my legs & feet. I think I need to put a stop to this practice.

Ya ok... *muffled laugh* good luck with that. :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Ya ok... *muffled laugh* good luck with that.

Yeah, stopping a habit with a cat is like trying to tell a women she looks fat in a dress. You can try to do it, but there is no good outcome and the cat typically gets their way.

I just push my cats out of the way. They'll meow and bitch about it, but then they'll find another spot to sleep until I move again.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Both my cats like to sleep on the bed.... I haven't been able to keep them off - lately I have managed to get them to choose a side other than mine. If you move around enough, they learn it's your space.... I've kicked my youngest off on accident several times! :D

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

It's allowed. But of our three cats, Iggy is the only one that usually sleeps with me... and he is pretty good about adjusting himself to my sleeping position. I mostly sleep on my side, and he curls up behind my legs. Sometimes he'll let me hold him like a teddy bear, but only if I rub his belly while he's going to sleep. :D

I turn a lot when I sleep. back, one side, other side, stomach. over & over again.

For me sleeping is like frying a sausage: it won't get done properly unless you turn it onto each side. So everytime I turn there's a cat in the way where I want to put my legs.

Maybe I should just get a hammock.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Yeah[:/] My small dog sleeps with her head on the pillow, MY PILLOW! She hates to be cold and now that colder weather is here, she will crawl under the covers to, with all four legs sticking straight up.:S I like that she snuggles but her claws can be a real pain in the ass.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I love my cat but she usually doesnt get to sleep in my room or my roommates rooms unless we dont have to wake up for anything the next day. She's about 7 or 8 months old and still hasnt learned to sleep through the night yet. Every few hours she wakes up like someone dropped Speed in her Kitty Chow... bolts all over the room, runs into walls, jumps on my head, and does flips off the side of my bed... I am not exaggerating. It takes her 45 minutes to an hour to calm back down and then she'll go back to sleep for another few hours. I think my cat is crazy... which Im sure I could have forseen considering she was born at a DZ :ph34r:

Only in winter, one of my cats will sleep on a pillow next to either me or my wife.
In summer it's too hot and he sleeps out in the cool night air:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's allowed, but it was never my choice to allow it... There's no way to stop them! :S

My oldest kitty can't jump up that high so she sleeps on the floor. :( My kitten sleeps next to my legs and gets kicked all night long. He'd rather sleep underneath the covers, but I don't let him. And my other cat sleeps on my pillow right next to my head.

My parrot likes to take naps with me and he loves being under the covers.

I have a California King sized bed and there's just enough room for all of us. :o
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

turn a lot when I sleep. back, one side, other side, stomach. over & over again.

Two things. Get a larger bed...there'll be room for all of you.

Second, if you ignore them, and push them off, they'll either figure out where your legs go (everywhere) and find another place to sleep while on the bed (usually on a pillow), or they'll settle in on the sofa.

There isn't a night during the cold times when all of my herd comes on the bed, even Penguin. The others come over and get a good night scritch, and Pengy just curls up on the foot of the bed.

I love it, I wouldn't stop it for the world, and I am a flipper in bed too...they all have learned how to deal with it. After all, there's got to be one thing in this house that is mine...and my 4 poster elevated queen sized covered in fluffy blankets is mine.

Or so they let me believe.:D

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Yeah, stopping a habit with a cat is like trying to tell a women she looks fat in a dress. You can try to do it, but there is no good outcome and the cat typically gets their way.

I thought you Texans were supposed to be good at funny analogies. That was a pretty lame attempt! :D:D:D

The sleeping arrangements for my girls depend on where they're sleeping. At my ex's house, Ally sleeps next to the bed and Gracie sleeps in her crate in the "animal room." At my house, they get to sleep wherever they can get themselves, which usually means Ally is in bed with me and Gracie is in her bed (on the floor next to me). Given that they're not allowed on the furniture at their mom's house, it's always funny when we get home on my visitation weekends...the first thing Ally does is run to my room and jump on my bed, while Gracie struggles to get herself up on the couch. :D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Is it allowed in your house or not?

I have two cats that like to sleep on the bed with me. Problem is, it restricts where I can put my legs & feet. I think I need to put a stop to this practice.

I have 2 cats and 1 dog that like to sleep with me. We've come to an agreement. The dog will crawl under the covers and then turn around, lay on his side, put his head on the pillow and stay that way most of the night. Keep in mind he's 80lbs so he pretty much takes up one half of the bed, with the exception of about 2 feet below his feet.

I get the OTHER side and am allowed to sleep diagonally with my feet below the dogs. One cat will sleep between me and the dog (they're friends). The other cat will sleep on the OTHER side of me near the corner of the bed (he hates EVERYONE). I am not allowed to move. That's the agreement.

Best get used to it.

;);):D

'Shell
'Shell

She's about 7 or 8 months old

Mine's 5 months old and is the same way. We usually kick her out the bedroom at night if we want to sleep the entire night and not be woken up. The attached pic is what seems to be a rare moment for her.

OMG that is soooooo cute!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?