prepheckt

I was in a car accident today.....

Can I get some pity here?;) My friend and I were in the left hand turn lane when a girl plowed into us. I am not happy.

Seriously....(it wasn't my fault, and I wasn't driving) I went to an urgent care facility and was given a perscription
for a muscle relaxant and ibuprofen. They also advised me to see a chiropractor or massause.

Would anyone have any advice to help minimize any sort of long term back or neck issues? I've decided to cancel my dance lessons, personal training, skydiving, rock climbing, or tunnel flying until I feel better. I've asked around, and I've gotten suggestions such as hot baths, sleeping on the floor, etc...

Would any of these work, or will I have to let my body heal on its own?[:/]
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Eeeek, glad to hear that (for the most part) you're okay.

Seriously, go see a chiropractor. If you are the slightest bit out of alignment it can cause all sorts of havoc with your body on a whole.

Good luck!!!!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Glad it doesn't seem you were seriously hurt. Everyone else okay? You should talk to your doctor and a chiropractor......and a lawyer, if for no reason other than to ensure the bills don't pile up on you.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Glad it doesn't seem you were seriously hurt. Everyone else okay? You should talk to your doctor and a chiropractor......and a lawyer, if for no reason other than to ensure the bills don't pile up on you.

I wondered how long it would last. Whenever someone says "Get a Lawyer" you know that you need to watch out.

Just imagine what they can cause on the DZ.

:|

I work everyday with patients who have gone through your experiences. Sleeping on a hard floor is a wives' tale. Only do this if it truly makes you feel better. Otherwise heat and stretching can do wonders. When your pain is better strengthening those muscles that have been strained is also a good idea. Especially if you strengthen to promote good posture and to solid control during movement. A chiropractor will definately help realign any changes in your spine but also ask him/her to give you a home exercise program to promote strength and rehabilitation.

I wondered how long it would last. Whenever someone says "Get a Lawyer" you know that you need to watch out.

Just imagine what they can cause on the DZ.

:|

I don't dispute your point. We've all seen the havoc that litigation can cause in the skydiving community. Fortunately, most dropzones are well protected and those participating have no recourse to, or desire to cause a lawsuit (I don't have enough observation experience to say so, but short of a canopy collision, I don't think anyone at the DZ is going to retain a lawyer for a skydiving related incident, and even then, it's not against a DZ anyway).

Driving on the other hand, knowing the risk doesn't mean accepting someone else's negligence as "too bad" if they cream you at an intersection.
Make light!

I am just tired of the whole, "I can get RICH because someone else fucked up." syndrome that I have seen.

[:/]

Totally, and even if that was the motive, the reality is quite different anyway. But to ensure the bills get paid (re: recovery related)...that's not "rich", that's necessity.
Make light!

I am just tired of the whole, "I can get RICH because someone else fucked up." syndrome that I have seen.

[:/]

Totally, and even if that was the motive, the reality is quite different anyway. But to ensure the bills get paid (re: recovery related)...that's not "rich", that's necessity.

Amen. When I was hit by a car as a pedestrian (in the sidewalk, with the walk signal, so clearly I was not liable), in the hospital I said "Nah, I'm not going to hire a lawyer. I don't need to sue someone and make a ton of money."

But I quickly realized, particularly when there's personal injury involved, a lawyer is often a necessity to ensure that everything gets paid for and that you can navigate the complexity of working with one or more insurance companies. It's a complex game and depending on the severity of your injuries and the cost of your care, you may need assistance in playing it just to get the best care and to get it all paid for. My lawyer worked with me to negotiate a settlement with the insurance companies; she didn't sue anyone, and in fact strongly advised me against it after we got the settlement offer.

You can always consult a lawyer, see if there's a need for a lawyer there. If there isn't, a reputable lawyer will probably tell you that.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke