dmcoco84

So...What should I buy?

I picked S2000, but what I mean is a fast car. For the same price there is a lot of really good options out there.
Used to ride all the time, and maybe I am getting older (30 now) but I would not get on another bike unless I decide to go to a track and just ride it there.

As for your first bike. It has been discussed many time on here. I personally think the new 600 with 120HP are way too much bike for an inexperienced rider. But to each his own. We are all adults and capable of making our own decisions.

Good luck on what ever you choose Bro.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Second: the GSX-R is not a bike to be ridden conservatively, it is a hard core enthusiast's bike. If you're looking for a fast, fun bike, look at a new Suzuki Katana 600/750 or a Honda 599 or CBR600F4, or Suzuki SV650.

very true.

I would add the Kawasaki Ninja 650, Great bike!!!!!

On a side note. Was talking to my insurance broker the other day. he told me he has never insured a Hayabusa without paying out on it.....

I believe it, but I won't go so far as to blame the rider... ;):P

Before my injuries, I was thinking of getting on two wheels again. A guy in my unit was riding and noted that we'd go riding together. I asked him how long he'd been riding, he said his current bike was his first one (he'd had it for four month, laid it down twice, one of them a high-side). It was a ZX-10.:o

I tolk him no-f**k**g-way would I ride with him...ever.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

My first bike a GSX750 (2 major accidents in 1year). Second bike was Hayabusa GSXR1300 (320km/h) (6 major accidents in 1.5years) - none of them my fault.

Yeah, it's dangerous, but i'd do it all over again.
Go for the GSX-R.. It's an experience you'll never forget. (unless you have a family... then you do not want to ride a bike in SA)

Where's the "Buy a real fucking motorcycle" option???:S

Dude, I love 600s, it's all I ever owned. I loved shifting up-and-down into and out of the twisties.B|
Make light!

My first bike a GSX750 (2 major accidents in 1year). Second bike was Hayabusa GSXR1300 (320km/h) (6 major accidents in 1.5years) - none of them my fault.

No offence, but 8 major accidents in 2 1/2 years?

And Mark: we dont have sparks flying off our sporties when we make a turn! :D:P
Remster

get the 600. I started on a gsxr 600 and it is in the rider. Tru in the last 5 years they have gotten more powerful, but my 03 gsxr 600 having almost 25,000 miles and i havent riden but 3000 this year says i can control my wrist. Do i have a wish to upgrade my canopy to something crazy. Hell no. Bikes are dangerous in general. Take a MSF course if you havent and forget the s2000. Stay safe and have fun. :)
good luck

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

which explains the continued sale of disposible products each and every time....including donor bikes...
you should see the extra $7000 I made selling parts from and the remains of a totaled Harley to the insurance company...after they paid off the loan...AND gave me $4000 in cash....hmmmm......seems I recall the most expensive rice burner I ever had depreciated 60% the day it went out the dealer's door...

you do the math - you'll not buy a foreign bike for monetary reasons ever again.

which explains the continued sale of disposible products each and every time....including donor bikes...
you should see the extra $7000 I made selling parts from and the remains of a totaled Harley to the insurance company...after they paid off the loan...AND gave me $4000 in cash....hmmmm......seems I recall the most expensive rice burner I ever had depreciated 60% the day it went out the dealer's door...

you do the math - you'll not buy a foreign bike for monetary reasons ever again.

Yeah, but you can't have "that" kind of fun on a Harley Sportster XL Sportster Extra Sportster Sport...or whatever the damn things are call nowadays. A Buell doesn't appreciate in value.
Make light!

No offence, but 8 major accidents in 2 1/2 years?

Yeah, Taxis, 4x4's going through red robots, Drunk poeple rear-ending me, etc... it's been fun!! :P

I do however take a little blame. It is hard for people in cars who look at rear-view mirror and see nothing and a second later i'm behind them. Could not get my Busa to go slow... I really tried! :$