kelel01

Well . . . no nursing school for me . . .

Well, this is a BSN program I'm applying to, not just an RN program. An RN program wouldn't be a problem, but a BSN is really the only way to go.

Why shoot straight for the BSN? You can get your RNB then finish the courses later.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Kel, if that is where your heart is, then please don't give up...it will work out:)
At one point, I dreamt of being a trauma nurse/flight for life heli nurse...but I just don't have the $$ means to do the one yr accelerated course which is all I would have to do...but it would be a fulltime commitment.

Life throws you cards which you don't expect...but you need to look at the timing and be creative as to how to cope with them and determine what your best life path is. I have all the confidence in you sister that you will find your right path and be amazing at what you do!:)

You tell me who denied you.. Sounds like some Knee caps need busting.>:(

Well, my guess is, she went for the interview monday after the halloween boogie. They were scared she would be a lab tester:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Kel, well that sucks. But if you really want it, by all means go for it.

In regards to a couple other comments made. Yes there is a nursing shortage, more significant than we had in the mid to late 80's. During that shortage I graduated with my associates and went straight to Trauma ICU which is rare. I got the ICU slot because I had lots of pre-hospital experience as a paramedic. But, when I got hired with the flight program, I was given two years to complete my BS as a condition of employment. The BSN is the standard now. AD and diploma programs are few and far between.

There is, as already mentioned, an instructor shortage. Reason for that is simple. It does require an MSN with few exceptions and a non-tenured faculty professor can expect to make around 60K give or take. That same nurse, can go to graduate school for anesthesia or nurse practitioner and easily top 100K.

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Thanks, Alan. I was about to explain that. I promise I wasn't ignoring you all. I was in class (which of course seems pointless at this point, but just because I'm upset at the moment).

Thanks for the kind words and ideas, everyone. Something will work out . . . it'll just likely take longer and cost more than I hoped.

Oh, and Squeak, I can tell you exactly why I didn't get in. I'm one credit hour's worth of As short of what I need. I'm just afraid that if the requirements keep going up, I'll never meet them. I'll surely get a couple of As this semester, but sho knows how hard it'll be to get in for fall? [:/]

But like I said, I'm exploring other options - ones I find equally exciting. They're just much more intensive study programs than nursing.

Yeah, but then I'd be in Ohio.

who wouldn't want to be in ohio? we are the largest producers of pumpkins in the nation (by dollar value not weight)(hey it was in the newspaper the other day, only reason i know that..lol)

Yeah, but then I'd be in Ohio.

who wouldn't want to be in ohio? we are the largest producers of pumpkins in the nation (by dollar value not weight)(hey it was in the newspaper the other day, only reason i know that..lol)

Yeah, but Kelly and I saw some really big pumpkins that were reminiscent of boobies last weekend, here in Georgia. Do Ohio pumpkins look like boobies too??

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Kel, I'm sorry to hear about the rejection, but I agree with the advice of the others who have said to keep fighting if it is your dream to do nursing. It sucks to get turned down, but as I'm learning in my residency applications (seven rejections so far...and I'm sure there are more to come) it happens. But screw them.>:(

Just keep trying until you find the place that recognizes you for the valuable individual you are and is a good fit for you! Don't let this one program get you down, k? :)
Wishing you SO MUCH luck for your future!
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Keep fighting for what you want....I started out not knowing what I wanted to be when I grew up....I went to night school, got my AAS in nursing. RN.....Go figure 10 years later I am a director of operations for the second largest, pubically traded home care agency in the nation.....I love my job, the staff I have hired and the fact that I am helping patients in their own home and own environment Stick to your dream!!!! It will happen!!!! KC