ozonefly.com

Sigma and europe

I'm wondering about using sigmas in europe

Actualy sigma systems are tso 23b ( or am i wrong ? ) but are drop tested to 23d but not certified.

The EASA ( european equivalent of faa ) ask for a e-tso or j-tso and i heard that rigs certified tso 23b can't get to those standards.

It means that sigma's cannot be used, or will not be anymore allowed to jump in near future. ?? right ?

But as EASA is notoriously not competent on skydiving rigs EASP association ( P for parachutes ) was created that aims to help EASA understand skydiving rigs and build regualations.

I heard EASP wants EASA to autorize military certified rigs ?? is that true ?

Could RWS ( UPT ) try to get in touch with EASP ( eric fradet is a member of EASP ) so that their military certifications could be used as an equivalence.

What are this certifications ? number ?

SIGMA's are real good rigs, and if nothing is done about this we may end someday with no more insurance avaiable on those rigs.

If somebody has clear answers just let me know.

Easa and national goverments are clueless about easa regulations. Whatever power they do or do not have, the 1592 EU decision is very clear: When gear is NOT e-tso ir j-tsp approved you can do whatever you want with it. Jump it, or modify it whatever you like, easa has no authority what so ever over non e-tso or j-tso gear, even when used in Europe.
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

Yep sir,
As a parapro i could jump a bed sheet if i wanted to B|B|

But i may have french customers found of Sigma tandem and working as BEES.

I really like ADVANCE tandems but the SIGMA is also a good rig, and as a retailer it is my duty :P:P to sell it to anybody that wants it and is alloweded to jump with.

In Sweden the Sigma's are quite common. But as we are not one country (EU) all parachute associations set up their own rules without looking over the shoulder to another EU-country. So the best is for you to look at every country independently as every National Parachute Association.
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"