Chris-Ottawa

What is your day to day job?

Marine Corps...

I work on the TACAN... gives heading, bearing and station ID info to the aircraft from the ground... electronic stuff for short.

Army - Infantry...recoving from combat wounds and on my final run through the hospital (I think). Then, I'm back for Ft. Campbell, where, it all seems to be in order for me to be a full time skydiver. Cool huh?!B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

First job out of college, been a full time employee for a whole 3 months now:
Sales Manager, Hilton Hotels. Call me if you need a block of rooms.

Hello, I'm mainly interestet in Hotels with more then 25 floors. Do you get special rates also for rooms at the top floor?:)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

But one that really shocked me was the diversity of the people who jumped.

I think that's one of the grooviest things about ths sport. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do for a living, your religion, political affiliation, income level, nationality, sexual oreintation, race, creed, or what ever. Once we get to the DZ, we're all skydivers, and that's about as universally groovy as you can get.

Myself, I'm a maintenance manager, (getting ready to take my CPMM exam-) for a multinational plastics compounding company. Just about everyone on this website has - literally - had thier hands on something that contains our product.

Easy Does It

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weird, alot of carpenters. One of my instructors is also a carpenter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine too.

Yeah, mine too. During AFF on the ride up everyone would look at us like we were nuts. Instead of worried about the dive we were talking carpentry. I work in the Baton Rouge area, he in the New Orleans area and I finished my AFF post Katrina so you can imagine the level of intrest we had in each others work at the time.

That is so true. I have never been to a DZ that wasn't friendly and excited to have me there. I just love it. I think it has to do alot with trust. You have to learn about these people very quickly and build trust, and that's what makes it so friendly. You are literally trusting these other people with your life. You trust the pilot, you trust the rigger, you trust the DZ owner, you trust your fellow jumpers. There is alot of maturity in the sport when it comes down to business, but when it's not business, it can be pretty immature as we all know.

One thing I do find weird about most of the jobs listed is that not alot of us are affiliated with the aviation industry. I half expected most of the people to be Aircraft maintenance, or pilots, or something to do with aviation.

I have been obsessed with flying since I understood what it was, and skydiving was just along the path. I'm looking into paragliding now and maybe building my own parachute some day.

Chris
"When once you have tasted flight..."

it all seems to be in order for me to be a full time skydiver. Cool huh?!B|

Yes dude, very cool :)
Me, I'm a software geek/code monkey. I develop software programs for mental health organizations at the state and county level of government... boring as all heck right now and my company can't figure out what they want to do or how they want to grow and its starting to piss me off - way too much indecisivness >:(

Jen
Arianna Frances

In Reply To

equity derivatives hedge fund trader

me too

cool what you trade ??? i do index options for the JSE South African excha;)nge

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~