JENNR8R

What Are You Afraid Of?

sudden unexpected sounds, images or occurences tend to make me jump...
but i settle out real quick and then can deal with them...

People who declare that since they are afraid of skydiving
and of "looking waaay down",
and of heights....
that I too should be scared, :S
well those sort of people frighten ME.:|:)

jmy

Snakes creep me out, but I am really afraid of MOTHS--the kind that dive bomb you and then flutter around in the lamp shades. We get hoardes of them here in late May/early June and they are everywhere. How they get into a house when all the doors and windows are closed is just beyond me--but they do. It's apparently a personal vendetta and they come to find me.
TPM Sister #102

Just spiders? I'm profoundly phobic of ALL bugs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All bugs give me the willies,

I asn't phobic of bugs until I was 23. Full story here, with a photograph of my reason for my phobia attached, too, much like it was attached to my face at 2:00 a.m..:S

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Spiders are not "insects" but they are "bugs." All insects are bugs but not all bugs are insects. Kinda like how all soaps are detergents but not all detergents are soaps.

You have it backwards... bugs are actually a subset of insect, not the other way around. One of my college profs was an avid entymologist, it was one of his pet peeves... the way people refer to everything as bugs whether they are or not. True bugs are the insect order hemiptera.

This is sad. I'm home sick and have nothing better to do than discuss semantics on dz.com :S

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I was going to research and reply back that some of the links said "True Bugs" and all that... but looking at all those picture....

Um.... I'll let you be the expert on that and I will step down (but still think that most bugs - including spiders - are kinda yucky)

Someone asked me that yesterday and the only thing that came to mind was 'rejection.'

What is the first thing that you thought of when you read the subject?

Like with the last time this was asked, the first thing that came to mind was vampires, mummies and The Holy Ghost.

These are the things that terrify me the most.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Someone asked me that yesterday and the only thing that came to mind was 'rejection.'

What is the first thing that you thought of when you read the subject?

Similar to you, the only thing that comes to my mind is the fear of dieing alone. And rejection follows a close second.
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

I'm afraid of everything, but mostly dying, getting hurt, or bad things happening to people I care about. I still get scared before a skydive or BASE jump, but I try to not let it get in the way. I think the fear helps keeps me alive by slowing my progression to a normal rate. I'm afraid of people that aren't afraid of dying while they jump.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

I get claustrophobia.:|

You must not like the airplane ride in a Cessna then. I'm not usually claustrophobic, but I'm always glad when I can get out of a Cessna.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.