wildcard451

Black Friday Shopping

Automatic man card suspensions for the both of you! The best day for christmas shopping is christmas eve, with frequent beer & shot stops at one of the mall's finest restaurants! :|

Blues,
Dave

Shit son, man card my ass. It'sthe only day of the year when I get to throw bows while shopping.

I think I'll surrender my girl card this year and try your method.

My sister in law just came back from CompUSA~opened today at 9pm with laptops for 299. I told her to get there early. She got there at 8, when they opened the doors, there were 1000 people in the store.

No thanks. I'll pay full price before I wind up on the nightly news in a story of how I got trampled.[:/]

I was going to, but alas, I'm rather not up to it. My Dad and I always do our Christmas shopping together, and somehow I don't think he'd be up to it either (he'll be 84 in 2 weeks...).

So not this year. And when we do, it will be a weekday morning...and it will be done in one stop (well, two if you count the fact he won't go to Toys R Us and makes me go instead...)...

have fun, get everything you want, and don't hit too hard...I don't wanna read about you getting shot over a Playstation thingy.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I second this.

Man law: you must have at least one beer per hour at mall restaurants while the woman shops for Christmas gifts (or any other time of the year).

You have to drink away the screaming kids somehow.
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil...For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
SR-71 hangar entrance sign at Kadena AFB, Japan

I might go to circuit city in the morning to check something out... and I was going to go to Macy's to shop for an outfit for my offfice christmas party, but after the turkey and the bar tab I just ran up with my brothers... forget buying clothes tomorrow! I'll be hitting up the YMCA instead.

Hell no.The only thing I *might* get up that early for is sex,and he better be pretty convincing for that.:ph34r:

I'm usually just going to bed around 3-4AM and once I'm asleep,I dont care if the house is on fire, I'm probably not getting out of bed.I'm not a morning person at all.AM to me stands for "Aint Moving".

Plus I cant stand crowded stores and my "give-a-shit" button broke a long time ago when it comes to turning the other cheek towards rude people in crowded stores,especially after having worked in retail on Black Friday before.I have no problems with going smooth left on someone being an asshole.

Y'all have fun fighting the crowds.I'll sleep an extra hour just for you.;):P

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I am so with you on that whole thing. Why be in the crazyness of black friday, the same shit will be there in a few weeks for the exact same price!

Although the elbowing people and getting away with it is tempting :PB|

Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

I'm up because I'm expected at Toy-R-Us at 8:00 to meet my mom and sister-in-law. I shop today because my mom likes to, it's the only day she can ever shop with anyone because she works weekends. It's really not that bad because the stores all have so many people working. The worst part is finding a parking place.

My daughter has to work 27 hours this weekend in retail, I feel so bad for her. Be nice to the cashiers, they're overworked and underpaid.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I like to take off the Monday after, a lot of the same sales are offered and slightly damaged items are offered from the wildness Friday for often 80 or more percent off, and have a latte and shop leisurely. I go with all the gf's that have new babies and aren't up to it on Fri. cause they have to take the baby. Then I get a baby fix too. :D

I stood in line for over 2 hours to go shopping for computer monitors only to find out that they only had 20 of the item and the first 5 people in the door took them all. :S They handed out vouchers that could only be redeemed today until 11 for any other store we wanted to go to that had them instock. Next closest in stock was a 6 hour drive and they only had 5 left. :SB|

They had sold over 800 LCD 32", 37" or 42" TV's in 2.5 hours though and were set to sell out in another 30 minutes.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Never been shopping on Black Friday, before today.

My apt is right next to the local giant mall. Today is considered a 'normal work day'. I woke up at 4am and left the apt at 4:30 to be at work by 5am. On a normal day I will see virtually zero traffic on the way to work. Today I saw ten cars before I was even a 1/4 mile away from my apt. Took a peek at the mall. The parking lot was already 2/3 full at 4:30am!!!:o

I expected a short work day and was able to take off at 9 am. On the drive home I remembered, I needed a 4pin-4pin firewire and decided to drop by BestBuy in the mall and "pick one up.":D

I went into combat shopping mode, put my blinders on, and headed right for the firewire. Success! Then I headed toward the registers. Sure, there were mobs of people. Sure, I expected a line at the register.:P

When I took my blinders off, looked up, and realized there were probably 200+ people in the check out line and only 8 registers in the store!!!:o The line went across the front of the store and snaked thru the aisles to the back of the store...[:/]

F*&^ It! I can buy a firewire some other day.

:D:D:D:D:D
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Hell no! You couldn't pay me to go into a store today. **shudder**

I agree. I don't like to be disturbed when shopping.

While I love being frugal, I hate this kind of shopping experience. Some people can be animals!

Kudos and good luck to Skymama for roughing it out today. I hope that you got lots of great deals and had fun with your mother!