base428

Extra-large Trampoline Design

Does anyone here have experience with X-LARGE trampolines (greater than a 7'x14' bed)? A company called Trampoland used to sell 7'x22's, but they are now out of business.

It's a long shot, but I have some technical questions for anyone with expert trampoline jumping experience or trampoline design. I'm also trying to locate anyone who has sewn trampline beds. My 7'x14' folding trampoline is getting old, so I'm designing a 12'x22' or 14'x22' version for myself. A rough, early Solidworks sketch is attached (final assembly will be foldable). Thanks.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I wonder if you could build a trampoline large enough to safely stop a person falling at terminal?

I suspect you'd be flung back up into the air a number of times as you burned off energy...but is it even possible?

maybe 300' high...1000' to each side.

But what do I know...certainly nothing about trampolines. :P

I'll just end my stupidity here.
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

I wonder if you could build a trampoline large enough to safely stop a person falling at terminal?

I suspect you'd be flung back up into the air a number of times as you burned off energy...but is it even possible?

maybe 300' high...1000' to each side.

But what do I know...certainly nothing about trampolines. :P

I'll just end my stupidity here.

Something on a scale like they use in circuses but perhaps with multiple layers of differing resistance to spread the deceleration out over a longer period of time?

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

It's really just physics. You need a way of deaccerelating with a more or less stable force. To walk away from a deaccerlation I'll guess you need at least 150'-200' of breaking distance. A large deep foam pit seems like the most feasable way. Cardboard boxes is already used much by stuntmen, and could be a less comfy option.

Just imagen how a 700' foot openening feels like. What about 500' or a 300'. It's the G-force that will kill you if you have a 30' opening. (assuming your gear wont break.

When thinking about it. A 300 foot high circus net held up by high cranes is maybe the most practical way. Getting out of a 300' deep foam pit would take all day :D

oh...and no long spots :P

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just imagen how a 700' foot openening feels like. What about 500' or a 300'. It's the G-force that will kill you if you have a 30' opening. (assuming your gear wont break.

Right, which is why I'm wondering why, in the beginning of your reply, you suggested 150-200' of breaking distance from terminal? YEOWCH! :o
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

-Tell me you weren't looking for a serious answer about things that go 'sproing' from this group? :|:P

If so, hopefully someone can help you out, but I think the rest of the thread is in trampoline-dream induced wonderland right now...:ph34r::ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.