McBeth

Getting carded

I am 32 and still get carded but I think it's out of respect to me because the establishment usually cards my girlfriend who definately looks younger. I get carded occasionaly but less and less... I think technically in CA they have to card you if you look under 30.

Yeah when I got carded for the first time in a long time a couple of weeks ago, they carded my 41 yo hubby too. ;)

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Awww... you'll probably find it's more hit or miss nowadays. I rarely get carded except for the "we card everyone at the door" places,

and this surprises you:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm much the same way. No beard = carded every time. Beard = never carded. And I'm 27.

So what I'm hearing is that the solution to Beth's dilemma is that she should shave her beard?

But I've spent so long growing it out :|

Maybe you could donate it to Locks Of Love, too. :S:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm much the same way. No beard = carded every time. Beard = never carded. And I'm 27.

So what I'm hearing is that the solution to Beth's dilemma is that she should shave her beard?

But I've spent so long growing it out :|

Maybe you could donate it to Locks Of Love, too. :S:D

(Barely avoiding spitting leftover turkey on my monitor) :D:D:D:D:D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm 44 and still get carded on occasion- when I hand over my ID, I get a surprised look. I know I look younger than I am. And I am always happy to hand over that ID! ;) But I do remember this one time at Dave and Busters maybe 6 years ago- they did not believe my license was real (or that it was mine) and made me produce 2 extra forms of ID. They still weren't satisfied and made me sign my name a few times to compare it to the signatures on IDs I showed them. THAT was annoying- it started off as flattering but got kind of insulting!

The last time I got carded was when I walked into a convience store at the 2005 Dublin Boogie to buy a 12 pack of beer. We had just landed in a hot air balloon beside an apartment complex and I was wearing my rig, black jumpsuit and a black Z1 helmet to keep "souvenir hunters' from taking anything.

The lady behind the counter freaked out and started screaming to "get the fuck out of my store spaceman!". I had to buy the beer on my credit card and she made me show her my license.

Later I got into the back of a pickup truck with some other jumpers to ride back to the airport and started handing out beer and poppin tops. That's when Blaine said "Hey Dude, you may want to chillout with the beer, this is a police truck!" :S:D:P

How many days until Dublin?:)

You just about killed me on that one Bob.!! :D

That is the City law here.

You gotta show ID . I had to show it just to buy a friggin lighter for god sake!!

I've even seen 80 year old men carded at Applebees!
Can you say COMMON SENSE ???

At least they let us have our fun once a year.. :)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I'm 36 and still get carded regularly :-)

The last time I got under-12 prices I was 23!

W

I was the same way. I had a roommate in college who was 11 years older than me. Only problem was, he looked 10 years older than his age, and I looked 5-8 years younger than my age. We were walking to the dining room one day and some ditzy girl asked him if I was his son. :D:D:D Boy, he blew a gasket at that one! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

When I was in high school, a close friend of mine was big-time into the suntanning thing which made her look much older than she was. And of course I looked ridiculously young. We were out somewhere - when we were both 17 - and someone asked if she was my mother :-) I was amused - she wasn't!

When I was in high school, a close friend of mine was big-time into the suntanning thing which made her look much older than she was. And of course I looked ridiculously young. We were out somewhere - when we were both 17 - and someone asked if she was my mother :-) I was amused - she wasn't!

:D:D:D bet she now wished she'd never spent all that time in the stupid ass tanning booths! ;)

As for my college roommate, he'd already started graying on the sideburns at age 30, when I was 19. Wasn't hard to mistake him for daddy... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In your teens you were lucky if you didnt get carded
In your 20's it was annoying if you got carded
In your 30's it was a compliment when to get carded
In your 40's it's pure luck if you get carded! :P
"Never allow the fear of failure to rob you of your full potential"