shortyj

What is something you got suspended for in high school ?

I *nearly* got suspended for finding, exploring the limits of and then documenting on how to fix a number of security holes in the network at school. Luckily the Com-Sci teacher really stood up for me stating "he's one that showed us what and how, the next one probably won't, or the next one after that." Basically the netadmin was a self-righteous bitch who had no experience and no actual practical knowledge. She didn't even have any certs, but she did have an influencal father that got her the job. She was 35-ish and still relying on daddy to get her a job.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I was sent home for wearing slacks to school. We were only allowed to wear dresses. It was a "dress suit" and I offered to take of the slacks and wear the "dress" top but they had no humor.
Twice for skipping school.

Once for punching a guy in the face. (He was teasing a friend of mine. She was handicapped and he thought it was funny. I got to hit him and got to watch him explain to the principle that a girl hit the big bad football player).
Once for walking out of a class in protest.

The funny part is that I was considered the quite girl in the group.

A teacher got in the way of my fist. No, really. I was in a fight with Sandra *(I still remember her...stonerchick all the way...). We were really going at it. A teacher stepped in the middle of it, and I didn't see him until my fist met his face. I was so startled at the blood that the fight stopped. I only got sent home from school for the rest of the day. Sandra? Well...Sandra wasn't allowed to come back for a few days.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Seven times for fights. Once for being loud. Then for being quiet (didn't respond to anything Da Man said to me).

Selling stolen booze from my locker, twice. Same with cigarettes. Numerous warnings for direspectful behavior. I was a bit strange back then but nowadays I've learned to hide it better.

Pretty amazing I went on and got a higher education. That was definitely a lot easier than elementary school for me. Elementary school is teh sucks!!!11OMG. Uni was more fun.

I got suspended once for one day. It was lame, I cut out of chorus for a month straight.:S What really sucked is my suspension came right after they instituted 'In School' suspension. Locked in a classroom for the entire day and each of my teachers sent my lessons to me.[:/]

Chris

The school football team I played for got trounced 78-0, on the road. On the bus ride back to our town we got gunned on booze and a few guys had some dope as well. One of our teammates ratted us out and there was a big inquiry. It was a Catholic high school so they took it pretty seriously. So we all got suspended for three days.

And then there was the time I burned down a field near the school....

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

I was smart about it....I planned everything at school, then took care of it after school.

Although I did get caught skipping out a couple times, and got in school suspension for that. ISS wasn't all that bad though. They always had a substitue take care of ISS, so I would lie my way out of there.
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil...For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
SR-71 hangar entrance sign at Kadena AFB, Japan

I'm old enough that we did not have 'suspensions'. If you were that far out of line, you got the teachers backhand up the side of your head.

Or worse, they told your parents.... and then I had to deal with that when I got home. I would rather have the teachers backhand than my Mom's

TK

I'm old enough that we did not have 'suspensions'. If you were that far out of line, you got the teachers backhand up the side of your head.

I got paddled once in 5th grade, had to count the bricks on the wall, when I got to three ...SWAT... got 3 of them. To bad I wasnt older, it could have been a very fun scene.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I don't think I was ever fully suspended. But I got detention and kicked out of class plenty of times. We enjoyed making some of our teachers jobs difficult. In biology, chemistry, and physics, we'd always mess with all the toys. We'd burn stuff, cover a fingers with dime and light it on fire, get in wars with atom models, freeze stuff with nitrogen, and light magnesium on fire. For two of my teachers, I would bring "presents" of plants picked from around the school. In auto and electronics we'd play with all the chemicals, parts, and tools and hook up capacitors backwards to make them explode. In spanish class, we would turn everything in the room upside down when the teacher left for a minute. In independent study calculus, we would have at our friends through the window and run around doing pushups and playing computer games while the teacher wasn't in the room. I think I also got in trouble for throwing snowballs the one day it snowed at high school. I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now. Good times.

One day the 4 of us taking calculus were sent to the office to mail out the honor roll letters. So we wrote stuff on them and messed with all the people we knew. We got in trouble for that, and were sent a bill, which my mom refused to pay on principle. I wasn't sure if I was graduating or not until I actually got my diploma after the end of high school.

The closest I got to being expelled was when a friend of mine and I were going to light off some fireworks during the senior farewell assembly. I had to leave a little early to get to a dentist appointment, and kept pushing him to do it soon, and I was going to light the strip of firecrackers for him to toss into the center of the gym. He wanted to wait until the end, so I left, and then heard all about it the next day. Him and another friend of his who lit it both got expelled for the rest of the year and the next one. It was funny because my spanish teacher was looking for me in the crowd thinking I was the one who did it. Fortunately, I was gone.

Another friend of mine put a virus onto one of the school computers and I got blamed since I'd always be playing games on it. But he ended up getting caught and expelled.

I got a week my 1st day of grade one for pulling down the pants of this kid infront of the class on a dare. Got a week near the end of grade 12 for being drunk at school.

I got away with everything that happened in between :P

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

*Kindergarten: Kicking a teacher really hard for trying to end recess. >:(
*Kindergarten: Fighting (twice)
*2nd grade: Sexual harrassment
*6th grade: Setting fire to the paper towel dispensers in the bathroom
*10th grade: Cussing out my Spanish teacher, in Spanish :P
*10th grade: Setting various stuff on fire (3 times)
*11th grade: I bypassed the "lunch exit checkpoint". Drove my car over a curb and sidewalk to avoid the line to get out of the parking lot

*2nd grade: Sexual harrassment

WTF does a second grader do that can be considered sexual harassment?:S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke