shortyj

What is something you got suspended for in high school ?

I was about a minute late to class once after finding out during break that one of my close friends had attempted suicide and was in the hospital. I explained this to my teacher who then gave me a detention for being late.

I didn't serve the detention as a protest, and consequently ended up getting 3 days of suspensions as I kept refusing to serve the detention. I was so pissed about that. My teacher and the principals knew why I refused to serve the detention but didn't care. It was bullshit, I was a pretty good kid, didn't cause trouble and got good grades. They were being pricks.

With all due respect to teachers (my mom and sister are both teachers), it's my contention that the longer someone works in the school systems, the further he or she drifts from the real world.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

highschool
suspened for running in the hall. The principal saw me and told me to stop, but i thought it would be funny to continue running, he chased me and i made it out of the school. I had a good laugh, but the next day he showed up in my class after identifying me with the year book. damn
another time

grade school

a few of my friends and i tossed giant snow balls at a passing school bus which calapsed the front windshield.

[]DETE

With all due respect to teachers (my mom and sister are both teachers), it's my contention that the longer someone works in the school systems, the further he or she drifts from the real world.

A lot of my relatives on my mom's side are or were teachers too. I agree with you, to a point. Although my relatives were very good teachers and later great tutors, I am appalled at what I've seen at the nearby school for the deaf. 20 - 30 students come out of that school a year. Only 3 to 5 earn a high school diploma, and if they're lucky, one gets to go to college. There are so many old timer teachers there that they just don't give a shit anymore. The problem is, these students can't be taught in a uniform way, as they're all different, and the teachers just let them fall through the cracks. [:/]

Thread hijack over... sorry!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A lot of my relatives on my mom's side are or were teachers too. I agree with you, to a point. Although my relatives were very good teachers and later great tutors, I am appalled at what I've seen at the nearby school for the deaf. 20 - 30 students come out of that school a year. Only 3 to 5 earn a high school diploma, and if they're lucky, one gets to go to college. There are so many old timer teachers there that they just don't give a shit anymore. The problem is, these students can't be taught in a uniform way, as they're all different, and the teachers just let them fall through the cracks. [:/]

Thread hijack over... sorry!

I don't really blame the teachers for that; I blame the school systems. Schools today tie teachers' hands so tightly that the teachers eventually give up.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

The first time in my life I got suspended was when I was in the 4th grade. I got suspended for cutting school. I couldn't believe my luck. I got busted for skipping school and as a punishment they told me I couldn't come to school for 2 days. Boy was I upset ;)
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

I've never been suspended but there were a few times where I had to leave class, go home and change because i was out of dress code. (sneakers instead of dress shoes, 5 oclock shadow). I asked to just get detention later instead of leaving the classroom, but they made me leave.

Great institution of learning. :|

Stabbed someone in the kneecap with a compass after he stabbed me in the arm repeatedly :| Got 1 days internal suspension (sit with the headmaster all day) while the other kid got a whole weeks exclusion. Mwahahha B|
Teachers kept coming up to me and going 'good for you' - LOL

Hmmm that reminds me. In middle school during lunch there was one kid that thought it was funny to eat with out any utensils. So I smashed his face into his spaghetti. I was laughing so hard I didn't pay attention when he grabbed his fork and stabbed me in the arm. I got suspended for beating him up after he stuck me with the fork. I don't remember what they did with him.

In fifth grade the school bully and I got in an argument on the basketball court at recess. We kept arguing into the classroom, and he finally grabbed me by the throat and pinned me down against a desk. The teacher saw this and yelled at him, prompting him to let me go and turn and walk back toward his desk. Infuriated, I stood, tapped him on the shoulder, and when he looked back...WHAM...right hook. He reciprocated by swinging around and rope necking me, knocking me to the floor. By the time I got up, our little old teacher was between us. We both got three days of in school suspension. ISS was a blast. I wrote a short story and fielded questions about the fight from every kid who passed my hallway cubicle. And the incident served as a bonding experience between the bully and me--We were pretty good friends for the next couple of years after that.

Which time.....:|

No really, in junior high I was a pistol...

Can't really remember a whole lot of what I did, other than the typical skipping school, smoking in the bathrooms, drinking behind the ag shed... silly stuff... but boy we thought we were "cool".....

It seems like every morning my 7th grade year as a part of the morning annoucements, my best friend and I always got called down for our morning whooping by the principal..... finally they caught on that the spankings didnt phase us and we were stuck doing "saturday school" which really stunk because all thru jr & sr high we were both very active in rodeo and that caused us to miss out... we really straightend up then,.....:|

1/ i said something in class (dont quite remember
what it was) so i got sent to the principals office. i
was furious and slammed the classroomdoor so
hard that a window next to it broke, got 1 week off
for that one, look on teachers face was priceless
2/ throwing chalk to a teacher (this was actually the
drop in the bucket, i got kicked off of school forever
after that altough i was allowed to finish that
semester)
3/ laughing my ass off because one of my teachers
had painted her hair purple, eventually the whole
class started laughing and she (the teacher) started
to cry :s (i dont have anything against people with
purple hair, but it was just so funny)
4/ being a dick against teachers on multiple occasions
5/ smoking thai stick (this was actually at
boardingschool) and having it on me
6/ poling a guy (talking his legs, putting them between
a pole and well ... just start pulling, this was with
multiple peolpe who also got suspended)
7/ skipping classes alot
8/ smoking cigarettes on multiple occasions
9/ at my second boarding school we used to "baptise"
newcomers at night, this was basicly just sneaking
to the newcomer's room in the middle of the night
with maby 5 or 6 people, we'd be very quiet and
then enter the room as fast as possible, we would
trash the room witch shavinggel(and cream),
shampoo, conditioner, drinks (all the kinds of liquid
you could think of), we'd also turn over the matrass
so that it was laying on top of the newcomer wich
made him helpless, anyway, afters this we'd run
back to our individual rooms and when everybody
was inside, the lights in the hallway klicked on, and
of course i was the only one that was left standing
in the hallway, i got suspended for that for 3 days,
together with another very good friend who came
out of his room (out of solidarity i guess, i really
appreciated that :) i still know him today and i
convinced him to do AFF, he now has 8 jumps :))
boy those were great times :)i never got detention or got suspended for fighting though, there are some other things, but i dont remember them right now and i have to study now for french oral exam tomorrow, almost all of this happened at a catholic boarding school exept the last thing, i believe in my first year there (on the catholic school) i got something of 23-25 wensday-afternoon detentions that each lasted 3 and a half hours while the rest were doing sports-activities, i was kicked out of that school the year after that and in total i got kicked out 3 schools
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

On my first day of school in my first class in my freshman year of high school I got kicked out of class. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to react. While the teacher was giving the class a tour of the shop I started cranking on a bottle jack on a test press for test welds with a piece of steel in it. The teacher said I was a danger to the class and if the metal had broken it would flown off and killed someone. I still think he was full of shit and just didn't like me. Oh well.

I never got suspended! I was a good girl!

Hard to believe, I know. :D

Same for me. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

After my earlier post, I realized I'd done some other stuff that I didn't get suspended for. One was going to the state cross country championships with my team. At the motel, I bought shaving cream from the small store in the motel lobby (dumb mistake) and trashed the elevator with all kinds of obscene words in shaving cream. Then went to bed. Not long after, the coach was waking the whole team up and demanding that whoever did it fess up. 3 of my teammates knew I did it but they left it to me to do my duty. I didn't, so the coach marched us all to the motel lobby so the person on duty could point out the person who bought the shaving cream. I tried to hide behind a teammate but to no avail. Busted! Coach kicked me off the team, but I didn't get suspended from school.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A Sr. boy in charge of 'initiating' the freshman girls in the hallway by grabbing breasts as we walked by on the first day of school grabbed one of mine. I picked him up and threw him at least twenty feet. At least that's what the report said. The boy received one after school detention. I got suspended for 3 days. :S He bruised his tailbone. :o