omerimsky

Bar Tack Sewing Technique

Hi emerimsky,

Are you looking for new or used?

New, just start Googling. Try Consew for starters.

Used, a Singer 269W comes to mind; that's what I have. I think Mark Lancaster (who posts here as masterrigger1) of SkyWorks Para Service (Google skyworks para service & you'll get something about Icarus canopies but that is him) has a number of them. You might get in touch with him.

He can also rebuild the Singers.

HTH,

Jerry

PS) Mark, just send the $$$ to my home.:D

I've never seen a Bar Tack machine that did anything else, but there may be something new out there . . .

Here's what most Bar Tack machines used in gear manufacture look like.

You set the work under the needle and drop the pressure foot. Then you hit the push button, or floor pedal, and away it goes by itself.

Watch those fingers!

These machines are spendy, but not as expensive as a harness machine. You could also look into leasing one . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

It may be then closest you can get is a machine like a Singer 20U, which can do an adequate job with straight and zigzag stitches. For a bartack, you'd have to count stitches and manually change stitch length and width. If you have never used a bartack machine and don't plan on doing much bartacking, you won't mind. The 20U is a compromise: by trying to do several different things, it doesn't do any of them really well.

If you are going to manually change stitch length and width to make a bartack, you might consider buying a simple home machine capable of straight and zigzag stitches (no fancy patterns required), which will be good enough to do lines. Save the rest of your money to spend on your other sewing machine(s).

Mark

thank you for your answers. Actually I need a machine which can sew container, canopy and line set at the same time.. I wonder if there is such a bar tack machine that can sew these three different parts ..
thank you again..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, you can buy a bar-tack machine that will sew all three components, but it will only sew bar tacks.
Just buy the biggest, beefiest 42-stitch bar-tacker you can find and feed it size 21 needles.

thank you for your answers. Actually I need a machine which can sew container, canopy and line set at the same time.. I wonder if there is such a bar tack machine that can sew these three different parts ..
thank you again..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, you can buy a bar-tack machine that will sew all three components, but it will only sew bar tacks.
Just buy the biggest, beefiest 42-stitch bar-tacker you can find and feed it size 21 needles.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hi Rob, i searched bar tack machines and found a ''Juki LK-980 42 stitch bar tacker'' so what would you say about this machiene? is it a proper choice?

i have found two different bar tack machienes but could not decide.. Brother B430 and Juki LK 1850. Is there anyone who have one of them either would suggest me which one i should buy?

They are both mechanical bartack machines.
Meaning thay are cam driven.

The Brother is easier to maintain, while a properly set up Juki will sew a smoother stitch.

The Juki is easier to find parts for if needed.

Are both a 42 stitch, center start-center stop pattern?

Also, at the curent cost of mechanical "tackers"(about $900-$1500) vs the newer electronic ones($3300-$6000).
I would say dgo the extra mile and get a Brother 430E-D2 and have a great machine with about 30 different tacks already installed on it.

There's a place in Tenn. selling them for $3400 right now.

Cheers,

MEL
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com