Calvin19

I have made a mess in the front of my pants.

Wow...... it'll never fly (for long).... Nice in turbulence:P ..... I still want one. Who makes it?

Shropshire, it is being made and has flown a lot.
it is Airwaves magic FR3.

I fly Airwaves sport 2 and it is an amazing ship. (of course, i have 200 lights on 6 different gliders, im not terribly experienced) but airwave is a really cool gider design.

hey man, from what i have been told, 10 years ago it whould be a dhv 2. i guess they are a lot more strict now. i mean, i learned on a wing that was made in 1993, and i still fly it now and then, its a DHV 1 (equivelent), what would it be now, ? a dhv 3?

The Magic FR2 recieved a competition rating as well, i assume this FR3 will get comp, the manufacturer states it is 'very stable' and surprisingly collapse resistant'.

i mean, a manufacturur would say that wouldnt they?

i will sled one on a zero movement day.:)

Actually, with an aspect ratio like that.... one full asymetric tuck and it'll put it's self back in the bag

but they say not...

The performance is significantly improved over the FR2, with better sink rate and better best glide as well as glide at speed. Our performance estimator now gives best LD as 11.9 with a minimum sink rate of 0.84m/sec as compared to the FR2 which has best glide of 11.2 and 0.95m/sec using the same performance calculations.
But not only is the performance better but it is actually easier to fly than the FR2. The wing pitches less, and is easier to turn flat giving a better sink rate that is more accessible.
Safety is also amazingly good. Even 65% collapses give a 90degree turn and a gentle 45degree pitch down. The wing is difficult to collapse, due to the wings inherent stability. B lining is fast and stable, and big ears pop in and out easily. There is no detectable deep stall tendency at all with immediate deep stall recovery. Spin tendancy is very low. The only word of warning is that it is easy to get a cravate from an intentional full stall, so full stalls are not recommended.

All together the FR3 provides absolutely top level performance in a wing that is absolutely beautiful and surprisingly easy to handle.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'd hate to try an get that in a D bag:D

hey man, there are people working on that, and i am one of them.

Is the seat reserve for if the paraglider deploys successfully but mals later, and the skydiving rig is for if the paraglider mals?

Is that Hawaii?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

:D:DNay Probs... twas ages ago too.

Thing is, I've not heard anything else about it since.

Time is close when the 2 sports will meet properly... Speed Gliding is part way there and is ground launching for proper people.

(.)Y(.)

Please keep me informed how it goes... I dream of such flights.

I've seen a few low speed D-bag deployments (from Tandem PGs) - so, you dont need a slider.. I'd think that you'd need one if any speed was involved (not even close to terminal).

Good Luck and have fun.

(.)Y(.)

yeah, my set up is a lot like those hawaii deployments, it is a dbag from a TANDEM skydive, well, actualy, a cheater MR bill, i have a rig that connects two people mechanicaly to stick a mr bill no matter the opening shock. we have used it from terminal. (20sec into freefall, i met up with alex, hooked up the 'Dr Bill' and he deployed, a minute later, i fell away from him. works every time. not sure it it is legal, but the Dzo aint terribly bright.