kenneth21441

Pricing of gear set for MC1

I have a MC1-1b and t-10 reserve.. complete that I plan on putting up for sale as a set. Both are still jumpable.... and are in good condition.

I am seeking some input on what to sell then for?

I was looking for 500 USD is this too low or what??
Ive seen many on ebay but the lines have been cut etc..... this is not...

What do you think>>??
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

Bravo is 1.1 oz nylon and has the anti-inversion netting added to later manufactured canopies. Charlie is lo-po 0-5 - 5.0 CFM porosity with netting. Also, the old 11 orifice design was revised to 17 orifices in the same 11 gores, 3 openings on gores 4 and 26. Orifices are tape reinforced horizontally on gores 4 and 26 between the upper edge of the large orifice and lower edge of the new lower small opening. Shorter 22' suspension lines are arranged 8 on each riser instead of 7 on the rear risers. There are several other minor differences also....nothing major.

Speaking of the SF-10: does anyone know where I might find one that is airworthy?

The MC1-1B is made from 1.1 oz that has a vent cap on the apex. The MC1-1C is made with out the vent cap and if you look at it is shiner then the 1.1 (it lets less air through it, in laymens terms)....

All models have the anti inversion net that is why the T-10 became the T-10B. The T-10C came about with the adding of new Pocket opening bands in the late 80's adding like 15 inches to the lower lateral band... (I know this because my platon did the modifications with some 4000 canopies)...

The MC1-1b will land you hard, while the 1C will bring you down slowly. If you compair the two canopies modifications you will also see the difference.... We had to modifie the 1C's long gore modification with a T type strap to prevent it from being sucked in during opening. There was talk about adding a slider but this T; modification seemed to work...

Just some new info here...on the MC1B and C....
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

We have "D's" here at Campbell with the old slide and button Staticline Snap hook. But only a rare few, as the 101st comverted over to the new snap hook long after the "D's" arrived.

Is the Staticline and D-bag not universal for all the rounds in use? (not including the new set up forthe MC-6 and T-11).

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

We have "D's" here at Campbell with the old slide and button Staticline Snap hook. But only a rare few, as the 101st comverted over to the new snap hook long after the "D's" arrived.
Matt

I was just wondering if the military still has the safety wire on the newer static line hooks. It was a real pain to have to insert this wire each time you hooked up, and probably an even bigger pain to pull it out of each static line after jumping.

I remember jumpmastering a stick of jumpers when another jumpmaster noticed that one soldier didn't have his wire inserted in the old slide and button hook and I got chewed out for it, because I missed it. To tell you the truth I considered the wire as being kind of a trivial safety thing that probably wasn't even needed, and I didn't spend much time even checking for it.....Steve1

No, the new Universal Static Line and snap does not have a safety wire/pin on the snap. Actually, the pin never was intended as a safety device - it is a gauge to ensure that the snap is fully closed - you cannot insert the pin if it is not fully closed. The new style snap has a double gate for safety.