daniel52587

Skydive helmets are useless

>How about I hit you in the head with a baseball bat wearing a protec.
>Then let me hit you wearing a mindwarp.

How about I just hit you in the head, period.

Your being kind of arrogant with your questions here dude. People that buy Mindwarps don't buy them thinking that if they bounce their head is going to be OK. They buy them because it's a low profile, comfortable helmet, great for freeflying, and GREAT at protecting one's head from the little bumps that happen on a lot of skydives. Bumps on the plane, bumps from other jumpers in the freefall. The Mindwarp works great at protecting your head from these every day hits.

How do I know? Because I have one and have put 100 jumps on it. Take a look at it and you'll see the evidence of scrapes from airplanes and other things.

You are posting statements like "Let me hit you in the head.." without knowing anything about the helmet except for "It's light and I can feel the padding through the helmet!". It's carbon fiber, it's meant to be light.

Geez, you're so concerned about what's "cool", wanting to jump with sunglasses and all, that I can't believe you'd even consider a Pro-Tec. So NOT cool ;)

Don't knock something until you try it. And if you don't want to spend $200 on a helmet, DON'T for Christ's sake. But don't come on here bitching about it when you know very little about it.

This is a pretty violent thread. I'm going back to Speaker's Corner where everyone is nice to each other.

And a person can tape several rolls of colored duct tape and make a pro-tec look pretty cool anyway. Or have someone creative do it for them.

That said, I am very happy with both my Z1 fullface, and my Mindwarp. They've both given me the protection I expect for skydiving. I would use either for riding a motorcycle (unless I had nothing better, then it would at least be better than bareheaded).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Simply advertising the helmet to military users doesn’t say much of anything. Bonehead seems to be a good company with the potential to really change the way skydiving helmets are designed and marketed. I’d like to see them take the next step and provide real product specs that show some level of demonstrated protection.

I think they would be foolish to do so for 2 reasons:

First the cost. You'll take a $200 helmet and make it now $300 since this is such a limited market.

Second: Liability.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I have a better idea. How about I hit you in the head with a baseball bat wearing a protec. Then let me hit you wearing a mindwarp. Then tell me which offers better protection........if your not unconscious.

How about one of you put on a protech and the other put on a mindwarp and then I kick you both in the nuts?:P

We could video it and send it in to Jackass #3

What do you think?