dropdeded

Blue Man Group

very cool show. i'm guessing that it's the 'how to be a rockstar 2.0' tour you're seeing and not the normal stage show. it's very entertaining, but if you saw the last tour ('the complex'), you may be a little disappointed. it's basically the same show, scaled back a bit. still, it's well worth the money. B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I saw them in Vegas, and I gladly would have payed twice what I did for tickets. It's a great show because they involve the entire audience, not just those in the front rows, or even on the floor. I originally though it would be solely based on the music, which I was really excited about. However, it turned out to be absoloutely hilarious. The comedy skits were great, and the mind-blowingness was ridiculous. Some of the things they did to screw with my head baffle me to this day.

I was in the 5th row back of the balcony in the Venetian, in Vegas. I ended up being part of the show, which was great. One of the blue men ran up to the balcony and stole a Toblerone from the guy in front of me (a plant, i am sure), and then proceeded to open it, break off a few pieces, and then run away. After a few steps he turned around and came back to me, and gave me the chocolate. Then he ran down the the balcony railing and motioned me to throw the chocolates into his mouth! The echoed a skit from the begining of the show where he caught about 10 marshmallows in his mouth at once from about 20 feet away. Luckily, I made 4 great throws, and he caught them all! He then ran back up to me, held my hand in the air to be embarassed in front of everybody even more, and then spit out all the chocolates into my hand!

It was great. Also, they do things at the begining of the show with those red, scrolling message, electronic signs that are great. They say things like, which famous people are in the crowd, or somebody's birthday, haha!One of the messages was, "All of the paper in this show is recycled." I didn't get it until the show started, and ended. At the begining, they pass out rolls of streamers for the audience to get "creative," and dress themselves up. At the end, they just roll thousands of feet of paper everywhere, so it showers all over the theater. It was a once in a lifetime experience, and wouldn't trade it for anything, I absolutely loved it. Also, I noticed when I got back to my room (at the Luxor) that I had Blue man paint on me! I photographed it so i would have evidence. Also, despite the usher trying to take it from me when he brought me a wet-nap after the chocolate episode, I kept the chocolates he spit in my hand, wrapped in the streamers from the begining of the show. To this day, they sit on my shelf in a box labeled "Vegas."

Once again, a once in a lifetime experience. The trip was a present to my girlfriend and I for graduating high school. It was a great idea!

On a more current note, my parents recently saw BMG in Rio Rancho, New mexico, as part of the tour you guys are talking about. I basically forced them to go, since all i did was talk about the shows for weeks after i returned from Vegas. My step-dad had seen the show before and said while it was still an amazing show, they just couldn't so the things they do in their Venetian theater, because all the mind-blowing things are just to bug to travel with. Also, the Venetian was easily the most beautiful hotel, in my opinion, which added to my experience. Still an enjoyable show he said, worth the money.

Attached are some photos...
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

The Flying Elvi did the "Rigis show" in Los Vegas a few years ago, and they were one of the guest, the 3 we met were nice guys, theres a bunch of them, it took them a long time to do there makeup, watched them rehearse. It was a nice experance.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

my friend just got a part in as a blue man - not sure where he is being placed just yet cause he's still in training - but i CANNOT wait to see him :):):):) yayyyy

have a ball!!
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

My cousin Mike is a Blue Man. He was the 4th or 5th Blue Man....been doing it a few years. You should ask your friend if he knows Mike Dahlen.

I think they're gonna be in Little Rock in February too, but I don't think I'm leaving myself any free time between now and then, so I guess I'll miss out this time around. I LOVE seeing the Blue Men live, though. They're awesome. Really talented.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail