ltdiver

How to get a dog to shut-up!

Bring the little guy up and lets introduce it to the...."Boxer Mafia" I have 2 boxers, and with just a "look" they keep my border collie in line. This dog can stare anyone down. :P

edit to add pic

Everyone. The dog is in good health. Yes, he is in the backyard by himself and he may be barking because he is lonely, but perhaps his owner is one who has 3 jobs to make ends meet?

My dog lives outside as well and comes in only when I am home. Some dogs are inside dogs. Others are outside dogs. No harm, no foul either way.

Thank you for the information on the bark repressor unit, LouDiamond. It looks like you've come upon the solution I'm looking for. Since my dog doesn't bark it won't be a problem. The little yipper and this doberman sure could use it, though.

Then about the mother-in-law....good luck there! :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Do they have one for mother in laws, too?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooo--you're SO bad! Santa knows this stuff, you know.

I don't even have one, but I could use some coal. It's kind of cool here in N. Fl.

It depends on how you wish to go about it.

The first step is to talk with the neighbors. If that doesn't work, then you call the police. If that doesn't work, you keep calling them until they have to answer charges of a nuisance and disturbing the peace.

There are other non-judicial ways of going about it. One way is to record the sound of the dog barking, and at, oh, maybe 3:00 a.m., blast the recording from a stereo at your neighbors. They shouldn't mind, right?

The best step is for you to find ways to encourage the neighbors to give the dog away to a more deserving person.

For example, when the dog is barking, call the ASPCA and say that the dog is being abused - "you can hear this poor dog barking." They'll find a better home for the pup.

Yet another thing to do is to do a mixture of things. Call the police when the dog is barking. After calling the police, immediately feed the dog some nice meat with a bit of laxative in it. The neighbors will bring the dog in pursuant to police orders and the dog will create a lovely mess in the house throughout the night!

Perhaps you may also want to smear some dog poo on and HVAC intake. They will not know why the whole house smells of it, but there is a strong chance that they will ship Rover off somewhere as a result.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Obviously the poor dog wants IN! You have to do the right thing and call animal control. Its not fair to the poor dog to be outside 24/7....

Bingo we have a winner

no

Dogs don't have to ever be inside to raise them properly. They aren't meant to be house pets.

Keeping them outside is fine if their dog house has sufficent bedding (hay and straw, or something more high tech if you are so inclined) to stay warm.

frankly, I think owning a big dog and living in the city is cruel to the dog. (little dogs can run on a wheel in a cage where they belong - real dogs should have room to run). So farms or the like.

I like the idea of a shock collar though. The dog barks and the owner gets shocked......

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants