Daizey

2 weeks notice

So for the past 3 years I have worked a crummy job at night to pay for my bills throughout college.

This week I handed in my notice.

Two weeks from today I will be a college graduate! No more long nights checking people out at the grocery store while attempting to study or do homework in between customers. No more disliking my job because I know I went to school for EXACTLY what I want to do for the rest of my life. No more being in a place I have grown to dislike being in greatly.

Two weeks from today I will be picking my life up and moving it halfway across the country-away from nearly everything I know. I'm so excited. I'm also petrified.

I can't wait to graduate-and I especially can't wait to leave this job!

I think the first thing I'll do is take a nap. A very long nap.

*daizey*

Yea, Kristi, what a relief this must be for you! B| Do you have a job you can start at in the Spring, or do you have to wait for the new school year in the Fall?

Since you are a teacher now...can you teach Skydemon that it is "congrats" and not "congrads"? ;):ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Elementary education. I need to get my masters still so I'm not completely done, but that'll be done in the near future. I'm planning on getting that in science. :)
Thanks Betsy and Andrea!

As for the job situation-I have a temporary one that I am starting on Dec. 29th and I'll be subbing in a few districts. Hopefully I'll land a permanent job by September! The area I'm moving to though is a little difficult in terms of job prospects

*daizey*

Congratulations from the other side of the pond! ;)

The bottom?

Kristi,
Soon, you'll look back at those days and cherish them. I'm not sure why but people always say that.

I'mone of those "look forward" to life rather than "live in the past." I have a feeling you'll enjoy what ever you do, where ever you do it.
My photos

My Videos

Hey, I don't know if Las Vegas is still in need of teachers as much as it was, but there was a huge shortage of teachers because of a huge population increase, they were even offering bonuses. My dad is a teacher in Oregon and he said one of his fellow teachers moved to vegas cause the offered him a good bonus. May be worth looking into, as long as you're not a compulsive gambler.
We die only once, but for such a very long time.

I'll believe in ghosts when I catch one in my teeth.

Teaching:)

muahahahaha another one over to the dark side >:( welcome to our ranks, Mouth and Swedeicelt and I welcome you... :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My dad is a teacher in Oregon and he said one of his fellow teachers moved to vegas cause the offered him a good bonus. May be worth looking into, as long as you're not a compulsive gambler.

Not looking to move to Vegas anytime soon....I've kinda got something drawing me to Ohio at the moment :)
JT, I hear that all the time too. I think when I look back the only things I'm going to miss are my friends. Not only am I graduating, but I'm leaving the area - there's going to be a few people I'm going to miss a lot. I know I'm certainly not going to miss living in a dorm, or waiting in a line at the cafeteria to get food (which isn't even that good!):S I'm really not going to miss sitting in class either. And if I do, well, I'll be back in class soon enough!

muahahahaha another one over to the dark side welcome to our ranks, Mouth and Swedeicelt and I welcome you...

haha thanks! But don't welcome me till I actually find a job:S

*daizey*

....I've kinda got something drawing me to Ohio at the moment

it's okay you can tell everyone... it's that we have the best meth labs here in the eastern midwest.... or maybe it is the kickass state football team...

Wow, how did i not see this thread til this morning? Oh yeah, it's prolly cause i'm a big lumpy head.

Congrats on finishing school. You've worked hard for it. It's awesome that you're going to live in OH to be around the cute little kitties (I know thats the real reason you're moving there).

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Congratulations!

And I know why you're going into elementary education -- it's so you can be taller than the students, right?:P

Actually, you'll be fabulous. Ohio can be a rough state for teachers (I went to jr. high there), but students are always students.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Daizey,

I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! That's awesome news!!!!!!! You'll have such great things to look forward to once you graduate, and I'm sure you'll be loving the fact that there won't be any more long nights ahead of you!!!! CONGRATS!!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM