Calvin19

has anyone else ever cut their own cast off?

what do you mean? i have a feeling you dont like me that much.:(
Well, you haven't portrayed yourself as a very likable fellow on dz.com. In fact, you've gone out of your way to make antogonistic remarks. Give me reason to think better of you and I will be glad to.

and is it just me, or does everyone on earth have a blind faith in their doctors?.

When did I say have blind faith in your doctor? I work in the health care field. I know very few doctors I respect completely, let alone have blind faith. And I know a good many who are complete egostistical assholes. If you doubt him or her, by all means get a second and third opinion. From a qualified professional. Or, just keep asking everyone you know until someone gives you the answer you want.

***so, knowing what is best for me has been going extremely well, since you asked.

Interesting. What I was saying is that you have a history of doing risky things, hurting yourself, and rebelling against medical advice. If that's working out for you, guess it's far from me to tell you to try things differently. Personally, I wouldn't like getting busted up all the time. But that's just me.:S I'm a bit more of a wuss than you.

sartre,

i KNOW you dont like me, i was being sarcastic.

you didnt tell me to have blind faith in my doctor, i am sorry if it seemed like thats what i was saying.

and about knowing what is best for me,,,

In the 5 years i have been doing the things i do, only ONE time did anything go wrong. I made a mistake that another person made alongside me, and flew a paraglider on a day that maybe i shouldnt have. me and another pilot that was there and said it looked good to fly. i launched first. i made the mistake, and i learned from it.
I do NOT get busted up all the time.

in the 5 year history of my BASE jumping, Skydiveing, Rope Jumping, Aerobatic flying, Hang gliding, and Paragliding, i have gotten hurt ONCE. (this cast is still part of that[:/]) and it changed my life in a very bad way.

and what is with this talk you being a wuss? i never said i was brave and i never called you a wuss.

When I was sixteen I broke my wrist, hand, and middle finger in a motorcycle wreck. they were all clean breaks that didn't even have to be set. But there was already an orthopedic surgeon in the emergency room tending to another patient, so they went ahead and had him look at my arm. About a week later, I got a bill from him for $1300, on top of the emergency room bill. When my dad asked why it was so expensive, the orthopedic's office said that the charge included the follow-up visits I needed to make. After my first follow-up visit, I got a bill for $300 for x-rays, etc. After that, I just figured, "Screw it--I have a calendar; I know when six weeks is up." I didn't go back to the doctor for anymore follow-up visits. It was a soft cast/splint that extended up past my elbow, so I took it off a couple of times in the last couple of weeks to wash my arm, after it started getting particularly stinky. At six weeks, I took the thing off and never worried about it again. My arm had heeled fine. I don't recommend others take the same approach, but fortunately I came out okay.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I broke my ankle last summer & booked a national commercial a few weeks later so I cut my cast off to filmed the commercial, limping around on the set for 2-days while performing various stunts...OUCH!!!
"Never allow the fear of failure to rob you of your full potential"

...You could probably remove it quickly using a Skil saw. Just set your blade depth properly.;)

Funny you should mention that...no, not me but a friend yes, after repeated warnings by several of us no to. Nasty.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

No reason to. He's not violating any of the dz.com rules. Really.

Not to mention that, while he's doing a certain amount of shit-stirring, it provides for some decent discussion about limits.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Not to mention that, while he's doing a certain amount of shit-stirring, it provides for some decent discussion about limits.

Wendy W.

Holy shit!!!

I want to direct everyone's attention to a rational thought.

I forgot what one on here looked like.

Oh man -- I'm going to have to pay more attention to what I post. Can't have that happening in Bonfire :D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy W.

Holy shit!!!

wahhhhh :S:P

A guy makes one one-liner crack a year and gets bitched at. It's a tragedy I say. :o:D For what it's worth if you read through some of the posts that I make most of them are more rational than 90% of the stuff posted here.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Why can't we ban this guy?

Nobody cares.

In high school, you can intentionally piss people off, but if you have the cool car, somebody will still hang out with you. All the friends that you can buy.

In adult life, if you consistently attempt to piss people off, eventually you get excluded from normal peoples lives. Nobody needs it. The insincere apologies magnify it (just transparent setups for the next one).

If you post something to identify yourself as extreme, and it backfires, then re-qualify it as a lie... you lose credibility. It is better to stick with even a stupid lie. If you do it repeatedly, you lose all credibility.

That gives the appearance of desperately seeking acceptance instead of earning it.

I don't think that he could post that he vacuums his car and anyone would believe or care.

There is already another site for that junk.

Wendy W.

Holy shit!!!

wahhhhh :S:P

A guy makes one one-liner crack a year and gets bitched at. It's a tragedy I say. :o:D For what it's worth if you read through some of the posts that I make most of them are more rational than 90% of the stuff posted here.

Yes, but picking on you for that one-liner is infinitely more fun :P