MuffDiver

UFC Fight Night - Dec. 13/06

What did you think of the fights?

-Shoni Carter Vs.Marcus Davis.
I thought that this fight was alright even though Davis started coasting. I think Shonie is almost done, he could be good but doesn't seem to have the drive.

-Drew Ficket Vs. Karo Parisyan
This was the best fight of the night in my opinion. Karo won hands down, but Ficket put up a better fight than expected. Good strikes from both fighters. I loved Karo Judo throw in the third round.

-Jeff Joslin Vs. Josh Koscheck
This was a pretty good fight also. I think that Joslin showed a pretty good UFC debut and will probably get another fight in spite of his loss tonight. He showed some serious talent but Koscheck was just too good of wrestler and the take downs were abundant. I think Koscheck won soley on the amount of take downs that he had.

-Diego Sanchez Vs. Joe Riggs
Well, not too much to say about this fight. Any time Joe Riggs is fighting, it always looks like it should be a really interesting match, but it never happens. He got caught tonight and paid the price. It would have been interesting if he still had one knee on the ground when Deigo charged him because the knee to the head would have been a foul. I'm not a big fan of Diego but I have to give him props for winning another fight. If he does get a title shot out of this it would be an interesting fight between him and GSP. I think that there styles kind of clash. I would hope that GSP would win, but we haven't seen Diego really put to the test (with the exception of his fight with Parysian). All and all this fight was a disappointment, much like most of Joe Riggs, highly anticipated fights.

What do you think?