jumpnjivin

Voodoo Sizes? Low bulk PD reserves?

Does any body know what size reserve you can fit into a Voodoo -V3. The Mfg web site says the reserve container is 350 cu/in. There is a PD 160 reserve in there right now. I want to go to a 176 or similar. Thanks. Oh and does anybody have any word on PD's low bulk reserves? Are they out or still in the works....

Just goes to show you how much pulll I have in development...none!

A 160 would have been nice... :)

I don't even care how small they pack--I've heard from the test jumpers that they are incredible canopies!

Not fair! Not fair! :P

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

Sure don't! :)
I don't think they have requested any of the low bulk reserves for size testing yet, but they can certainly tell you what other reserve size will fit in your container.

According to their website http://www.rigginginnovations.com/ the V3 reserve pack tray is 350 cu. in. What that means for canopy sizing is subjective, but I would "guess" it was built for a 143 if you believe in the PIA method of finding canopy pack volume. Personally, I wouldn't base any decisions on those measurements though. ;)

Give 'em a call!

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

The Mfg web site says the reserve container is 350 cu/in. There is a PD 160 reserve in there right now. I want to go to a 176 or similar.

Did you ask your rigger what he or she thinks?

Also, surf back to R.I's website and get their phone number and call them up... ask to speak to a rigger and/or say you have a rigging question and ask who you can talk to about it... ask them your question.

I think we'd all like to hear what they say.

My initial blush on going one size up on a reserve is it might be "do able", but it "depends" on several things... for instance, is the 160 tight in there now or not? The rigger packing it now would be able to tell you. But... The Mfg would be the best source of info.