SkyChimp

Need help and input on WINGS containers

Pro's and Con's??

Do all Wings containers have lateral adjustments via stock design?

I've read the gear reviews but wanted to see if anyone else had anything to say about them.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Pro's and Con's??

I've read the gear reviews but wanted to see if anyone else had anything to say about them.

What will people say other than to repeat what they said in the reviews?

Have you jumped one? I bought mine after using them at Lodi - they were the first truly comfortable rental rigs I got after hitting 3 other DZs, and 2 DZs later they were still the most comfortable...for ME.

Being one of the least expensive out there was just a huge bonus.

I will probably only add to what was said in the reviews by stating that I absolutely love my rig. Upon receipt, I thought the leg straps were a bit long but in free-fall and under canopy, it fits great. In fact, the rig fits so well that it's hard to describe the difference I feel from the rental gear I used prior to the Wings. I am A/D military and got the basic rig for 1/2 price so I can't complain about the price at all. The rig was delivered 2 weeks ahead of schedule also :)
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I too will add that Wings is a superbly comfortable container. I have had both Mirage and Infinity and really like the feel of the Wings yoke and MLW. Perhaps the only down side (for me), no SkyHook... yet. In reality, all the top manufactures make solid, well constructed rigs and offer very similar options.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the phenomenal customer service from the folks at Wings, in particular Ankie. I to am active duty and got a great deal, but the comfort, customization, and customer service are what really sold me. When it's time for another container, it will be a Wings.
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

Again, broken record, but Wings rigs are ridiculously comfortable. I have 25 jumps on my new (used) Wings and I am in love. Mine doesn't have the cut in laterals but it's still super comfy. Walking around, in the plane and under canopy, it rocks.

I believe that the stock containers all come with cut in laterals. The options are listed next to each stock container on the site. And I believe that cut in laterals are still a free option on all new rigs as well.

Can't go wrong with a Wings. I'd buy another one any day.

Very comfortable. I bought my wings used. But make sure the pilot chute passes Bill Booth's recomendations. I had some pilot chute heisitation problems which led to one cutaway because of the length of the heisitation. Then Bill wrote this:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=132976;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

I went and checked and my pc did not pass the test.
So make sure, and stay safe.
Kurtis

I have 2 PCs made by Sunrise and both passed in Bill's design criteria.
Although I like my Wings very much, it is not as comfortable or lightweight as my old Racer.
Safe skies
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

Like Sardlo, I'm A/D military and got the rig for 50% off base retail. After throwing in most of the extras (@ full retail), and tax, I paid about $1400, and got the rig about 2 weeks late.

Initially, it was tight both on me and my canopy. After dropping some weight and downsizing, the fit is very, very nice!!! It's still a bit tight vertically, but that's become comfortable. Zero shifting, no matter my body position in freefall :)

Do you mean adjustable laterals like on a student rig? No, if you are buying a rig for yourself then you would not get adjustable laterals. What you WOULD have to decide is wheter or not you want "cut-in" laterals on your rig. If you are jumping larger canopies, then I would definitely recommend the cut-ins as it makes your rig hug your waist better. The smaller you go, the less you need the cut-ins. Both of my Wings W1-2 EXT's have cut-ins, but I would have probably been better off not getting the option on my primary wingsuit rig because my rig is so tiny.

"Breathable" spacer foam is now an options on Wings, too. There are also two designs of the number 2 side flap offered.

Chuck