JWest

POV cameras and Jump number.

GoHuskers

***How did this solo video on youtube got over 30000+ view?

Yeah my best video only has 400 and I put a lot of effort into making it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtBJusZ1bMo&list=PLg9OH3VClnZZDypff8wMZg9okSgNuMmMs&index=8

edit to URL

Great skydiving videos are of interest to skydivers, most whuffos have no appreciation for what they're looking at and so experienced skydivers have a challenge anticipating what interests a whuffo. There are similar effects in other areas like the demo jumper swooping the spectator line when the guy that does a straight in docile standup landing on the target gets the biggest applause (second only to the guy with the flag).

My most popular video has 180k+ views because it has "skydiving accident" in the title, it's a premature deployment at 10k feet because a jumper docked on an old style leg mounted pilot chute. It's funny for skydivers but I get occasional complaints from whuffos drawn to the video title like moths to a flame because it's not a "real" accident. :-/

If you want hits, maybe try making cat videos, I hear they are popular.

GoHuskers

My most popular video has 180k+ views because it has "skydiving accident" in the title,

If you want hits, maybe try making cat videos, I hear they are popular.

I know Carnage and Cat Videos. I don't need views, I just find it funny what goes viral. WTF are you doing David!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8PcPK617Ss

Danger cat has an extreme skydiving accident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Nicknero1405

Sooooo, this thread got from camera discussion, to possible death discussion, to math logics, and now a video sharing thread?
What's next?

Come on JWest you keep this thread -about jumping with a camera- alive for 483 posts. And then while telling us you jumped with a camera you refuse to post the video. I don't get it. What a tease you are.

Just post the damn video so we can close this thread already. :)

Anyway since I'm here might as well post a video my 13 year old daughter made of our summer vacation. We went kayaking/camping/orca watching in the San Juan Islands then then my daughter did her first bungee jump while we were visiting friends on Vancouver Island (Canada). We also did some zip-lining and whale watching while there too. It was a fun vacation.

I think she makes good videos (and being her dad I'm totally objective) and look forward to her making a skydiving videos for me later when I've some something even remotely interesting.

https://youtu.be/d1JRPG9CyhI

BTW, and to keep this relevant. :)

I have 151 jumps (at the time of this post) and don't plan on jumping with a camera until sometime after 200 jumps, but do look forward to it. The sport have rules for a reason and even it you don't agree with with the rules if you respect the sport you should follow them.

DSE

Guys I did it I finally ran across the freeway blindfolded and I didn't die. OK, that was sarcasm, but I did run across the freeway blindfolded and figured I would report back now that I have experienced my first blind-folded freeway crossing on foot. I know many of you will be disappointed...

I now believe I'm capable of running across the freeway with a blindfold on, whether it's rush hour, midnight, under construction, or whatever else is going on when I run across the freeway wearing a blindfold.

I ran across the freeway blindfolded, don't really have a reason to do it again and it won't matter anyway because I'll take off the blindfold before winter comes. Distracted by the thought of being "that idiot" not the actual stain on the concrete.

Are you proud of me now?[:/]

Yes, and may the Force be with you!
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

>And then while telling us you jumped with a camera you refuse to post the
>video. I don't get it. What a tease you are.

JWest was banned for 2 weeks for continuing with the trolling.

And per an earlier comment, yes - this thread has degenerated into people posting funny videos. Time to end it.