Muenkel

Please, prayers/vibes for my 8 month old nephew Ethan.

He's undergoing plastic surgery on his face right at this moment. Their dog snapped at him this evening. It happened right under his mom's nose. This was so odd as their dog has always been so gentle with him.:(

Chris

When I saw him, his face was swollen twice its size and blood everywhere. Last news I got was already over 200 stitches. Dear God he's only 8 months old!

I have to log off, I'm tying up my phone.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, you know you have my prayers. My grandson was bitten in the eye area, earlier this year by a family members dog, I know how devastating and traumatic it can be. His injuries sound so severe, I'm so sorry. Not that it matters, but what kind of dog was it? You and your family have had way too many troubles lately. When you can, give Ethan a hug from me and his mommy and daddy will be needing one too! Keep us posted.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Got some encouraging news from my parents a little while ago. The wounds are all mostly flesh wounds, no major arteries. He's been in surgery for several hours now and has several more to go.

Thanks folks,
Chris

Chris, I went thru this with my son when he was 9 months old, Christmas night. The dog snapped at him because he was crawling around on the floor and the dog was enjoying her christmas bone that she got. It only took taking our eyes off of both of them for a split second and it happened. He was rushed to the ER and got 25 stitches on his face. Yep, lots of blood and thankfuly his eyes were unharmed. 11 years later you can barely see the scars. very scarey indeed.

The little one and of course his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

ohhhh
that is so rough...
best wishes to the Child...his parents and all (human ) family members...

I have never been a dog person... I don't dislike them,,,, I don't like them, I am mostly neutral about it and figure, People may do whatever THEY want.....to each his own....

but when I hear of a dog which "snaps" at a child,,,, It tears me Up....such a senseless thing...
yeah yeah yeah "man's best friend" and all that stuff.......... never bought into it... sorry.
Man's best friends should be OTHER people and family members...
we did have a couple of dogs, over the years...
as I defferred to the wishes of the kids.... but mostly they tore up things, barked a lot and absolutely resisted attempts to train them ( the dogs, not the kids ;) ) ....must be they were smarter than me...
anyway.... an attack which requires such intense surgery is simply unforgiveable....
I hope the boy heals fully as do the parents, but the dog gets NO sympathy from me,,,, whether it is a cocker spaniel, pit bull terrior, Golden retriever or chihuahua...... it needs to be GONE, sad.......
it seems EVERY time such a thing happens, the words are... "their dog has always been so gentle.".............sad.....:([:/]
I have a new "nephew -in-law" who proudly showed me the bite marks on his head/skull from when the family pet bit him as a youngster, and now that they have a newborn, 3 months old,,,,, even now,, he says he will continue keeping the 2 adult dogs which he's owned since ,,, "before the baby ever arrived".....
seems to me this kids priorities are messed up but I'm "Just an old Uncle" so what do I know?????...
good luck to all...
[:/]jmy

I am sorry to see this. I know first-hand from experience what a dog bite is like. I was 5 years old and this old German Shepherd that my mom's best friend at the time had, bit a nasty hole through my upper lip when all I was trying to do was slowly reach out to pet him. Blood everywhere. Stitches inside and outside. One permanent and still visible scar 34 years later.

Guess I can't blame that dog for biting me, he'd been stabbed by a burglar not long before we visited. But dogs should not be around babies and toddlers. I don't care how gentle they are, you just never know.

We even kept our two cats away from our 8 month old baby until just recently. One of the cats keeps his distance anyway, but the other just wants to snuggle, and I'm not quite ready for that yet...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban