littlestranger

Talon FS

was going to order my new rig today, a voodoo. unfortunately due to my short stature and preference for large canopies a v3 container is going to hang real low on my back. brenda at rigging innovations reccommended the talon fs because it is boxier and about 2 inches shorter.

the rig looks good on the website, nothing like the older talons and i like the idea that everything is stock and i don't have to pay extra for options that should be standard.

anyone out there have one? sure appreciate some input. i freefly and have started jumping a wingsuit, ergo the shorter container.

oh, and i have a gift certificate :)

My wife got one late 2006. She really likes it. She's pretty small (5'5 and 120lbs) and flies moderatly sized canopies (120 main and 113 R). Its fits her really well.

She got the very small yoke option, which you need to talk to RI to about: its not an official option, and has only been made twice for small girls.
Remster

Brenda recommended the same to me, so I found a used TalonFS that a DZ was willing to lend me for a few jumps. I really liked it, so ordered my Talon FS a couple weeks ago.
I wanted a Voodoo as well, but I'm not disappointed in the TalonFS.

There's a hell of a lot of Talon FSs in Australia - they're also made here by Parachutes Australia. Nice rigs. I don't know anyone with any major issues with them...

edit: apparently they also handle larger/smaller than spec canopies better than the Voodoo.

On a side note, I have always found that RI rigs (both the Voodoo and the Talon FS) will easily take mains at least one size larger than they are designed for. My V1 had a Crossfire 119 in it, and easily could have handled something in the 130-135 range, and my Stiletto 107 and Velocity 96 are both quite loose in my FS0. Not dangerously loose by any means, just easy to pack.

Canuck

thank you for everyones input. brenda was super nice when i talked to her and look forward to working with her on the rig.

the big problem now is designing it, i've checked out the color program on parachuteaustralia website but it's hard to picture.

would any of you mind posting photos of your talonfs rigs? i'd love to see them.

Here are both of a teammates rigs. The black one is a plain and simple color scheme to take the abuse of team training and packing. The red white and blue is a demo from RI, it is a color pattern that we build alot of, mostly for foreign orders.
If I could make a suggestion, stay away from neon colors, they fade and show age sooner but it is your rig, get what -you- want.

Hi Theresa,

Well, I have a Talon FS, and I love it. It is very comfortable, packs easy, and looks good. I second the remark that the RI customer service is top notch. I needed a replacement leg strap, which they fixed quickly, and they matched colours with an old batch of fabric!

I attached some pics of my rig. The colour-scheme might be a little uninspired, but I just like those dutch colours :)
eddy
Don't underestimate your ability to screw up!

I'll second the neon colors comment. My Eclipse is tangerine neon over purple. Purple looks new, tangerine looks ancient and faded, until you open the reserve flap. Looks brand new under there, too. Sun fades those bright colors quickly.

yeah, those neon colors rock but there not very practical in terms of longevity...whats up with that anyway.

so attached is the chosen design. i want teal but there are hundreds of variations of that so brenda is going to send me swatches to see what i'd be getting. she's a peach!

thanks again to everyone who responded. :)