LisaH

Tara Conner (Miss USA)

If drinking underage was the worst of her crimes I think we need a reality check.

I was drinking at 14 and its not affected me. But then again other countries have different views on this.

When I have kids I'll make them drink at 14. So when they do "go round a friends" a.ka. go and get pissed they'll know thier limit.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

I agree, she brought her name to light. But she's not turning a positive light on for our future Miss USA's [:/]

There's a reason you had to put "Miss USA" in the thread title. It's because most people don't know who was, is, or will be Miss USA...and don't care. This PR stunt isn't likely to change that. :S:D

(Though I did note that she's kinda short. :ph34r:)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'm glad she was given another chance. Most of us have been there.

But she is supposed to be a role model. Sure, we all screw up and need second chances. And so should she. But I still feel she should have lost her crown. They set a precedence in doing that. This will happen again and it will get worse.

IMHO.

Who the hell looks to Miss USA as a role model? If my daughter did, there'd be some remedial training pronto.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

But she is supposed to be a role model. Sure, we all screw up and need second chances. And so should she. But I still feel she should have lost her crown. They set a precedence in doing that. This will happen again and it will get worse.

IMHO.

Who the hell looks to Miss USA as a role model? If my daughter did, there'd be some remedial training pronto.

Blues,
Dave

Something has been bothering me about that post since she made it this morning, but I couldn't quite figure out how I wanted to respond. But you just put what I was thinking into words.

Some still do. The cheerleaders for my son's football team....one stated she wanted to be the next Top Model.

And I said she is SUPPOSED to be a role model. :P

I'll bet she was a party girl in Kentucky too.
A person would have to be fairly naive to believe the "becky crossin' the crick" PR image.

I don't actually consider any of those women a role model. The whole basis of those shows is body image.
On this site, people get a lot of humor out of Hooters waitresses. I don't see any difference.

There is no actual "skill" that gets you there.
Oh, sure, they play the clarinet. But, it's like "jacks or better to open", if you aren't 5'10" and 120, you don't get in the game.

When I am around my friends daughter, I introduce her to people who have earned respect.
A local friend who is a pediatrician. "She's a doctor who helps small people. Isn't that great?"
Or, "Grades are cool. Do you think smart guys date dumb girls?"

Yea right I bet that guy does whatever he wants, and his wife says "more money please" as long as the money flows she could probably care less.

Yeah, rich people can't have real relationships. Who do they think they're kidding?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I agree 100% with you. Honest. :)
Ok maybe she USED to be a role model. What is Miss USA now? Just a joke?

The world has changed. The life goals are different.
Now it is just another T&A show.

Does anyone really think that the Model show is some incredibly difficult competition? Or that Tyra Banks has some great skill that got her that job?

First, nobody wants to hear the message.
Drugs are fun or they wouldn't be so popular.
Every MTV Spring Break show is about drunken partying and dancing. "I'm hot, so I'm on tv and I get to act like a spoiled child."

Second, their message conflicts with their image.
It is its own worst enemy.
message "Education is important."
image "I get to travel and do cool stuff because I'm hot."

Which lifestyle is harder to sell?

Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
Supreme Court justices.

Pam Lee and Tyra Banks.
Big boobs and dumber than a crate of hammers.

Which lifestyle is harder to sell?

Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
Supreme Court justices.

Pam Lee and Tyra Banks.
Big boobs and dumber than a crate of hammers.

Unfortunately I have to agree. But... I can be hopeful that some young girls/women still look to strong, successful and independent women as role models.

:P:P:P (go look at Tara O'Conner) :P:P

OK, this whole melodrama has suddenly become a bit more entertaining. Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump are having it out in the press. :D If you slow down to look at car accidents and think two wino's kicking the shit out of each other is kind of funny, but in a sad way, you need to go to cnn.com and click the Anderson Cooper video thing "The Shot". Dat's some funny shit! :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)