caribadive

Gear Questions

Thanks that really helps, but why are cut in laterals so important to wingsuits and freeflying? Also what are floating side laterals like the ones on the infinity?

I don't know about their utility for wingsuits (perhaps the wingsuit fits better given how the suit must fit around the container), but cut in lats should keep the bottom of the rig in place (laterally) better. Some people have reported discomfort from the cut in lats after opening.

I've never heard of the term "floating" lats. Standard construction (not cut-in) just go to the side of the container, instead of hooking up slightly inboard of the outer edge as the cut in styles do.

I think most if not all mfgs now offer cut in lats, even if their order forms don't show it as an option.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I have the cut in floating lats. They really hold the container firmly to your back very comfortably. Both during freefall and under canopy. The articulation at the hip is not sewn solid, but floats on the webbing at the lat. Everybody who has tried on my rig has liked the way they work/feel. Here is a picture and description of how they work.

Kelly makes a great rig.[url]
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I'm pretty sure floating side laterals are just what Velocity Sports name is for the same thing.

Thanks for the info, I now see they have a much redesigned website and some new options.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am