matt1215

Re-enlistment jump pictures

I'm going to guess and say that he's signed up for reenlistment with the US military and that he did a jump to celebrate this. Hence the US flag in the pictures.

It might be a local jumping tradition due to being near a military base and having a lot of military personal that are jumpers at his DZ.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thanks!! Unfortunately 9S100's don' t have an SRB right now :(>:(>:(>:(>:(:(. All I really get out of the deal is to keep wearing the uniform for another 4 years. A bonus would've been really nice in terms of paying off some debt :S.

No coffee cup and t-shirt, but I did get a pretty cool coin from the Chief B|.

Thanks Scott!!
Interesting avatar you have there, Elton John style sunglasses in uniform :D:D.

hey, I'll have you know them there are Laser safety glasses... :P

its just an additional bonus that they are sooo Cool... (sarcasm included at no charge...:P)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I'm going to guess and say that he's signed up for reenlistment with the US military and that he did a jump to celebrate this. Hence the US flag in the pictures.

It might be a local jumping tradition due to being near a military base and having a lot of military personal that are jumpers at his DZ.

True police work!!!!!!:P:P:P:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Huh? I don't guess any of you civilians have any such rituals? It's a pretty cool deal for a military guy, who is also a skydiver, to do his (or her) reenlistment oath in the airplane (or in freefall) during a skydive. I have been involved in countless such ceremonies. They are totally cool. Much cooler than standing there in your CO's office doing the deed.

chuck
SFC, SF (ret)

When I did the "INDEF" hitch I took my CO to 14K in the UH-60 we did the oath and then I hooked him up and out we went Tandem.

My "incentive" was to try and "scare" the big bad Ranger out of him.;)

He just wanted to escape from the office and he gave me a week off to Train for the jump:P.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!