tangledlines

Experience with Nitrochute Corp.

Re: [tangledlines] Experience with Nitrochute Corp. - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply
In Reply To
How do you get hold of em?

2002 edition of "Chuting Star":
http://www.chutingstar.com/archives/00000060.html

See the 2nd paragraph.

That was interesting, John. I pulled this information from the website you suggested:

"Charles Mack (a former supplier for Parachute Equipment Corp.) out of Palmdale, California. Charles can be contacted at [email protected] or 661-917-7071. Mail orders can be sent to: 38544 East 33rd Street, Palmdale, CA 93550."

Unfortunately that phone # is unplugged. So is 661-400-3108.

I was hoping to get some background on Nitrochute /Charles Mack from anybody who knows him and has had experience working with him. Somebody who could provide a reference...

On Time Delivery? How about NO DELIVERY AT ALL, then after a few emails and promises that they were sent and sorry they did not reach me and they were insurred so we will just send you some more...........still no hats and now THEY WILL NOT ANSWER MY EMAILS.

Oh, and yes I have experience with them[:/]>:(B|

Are you sure it wasn't a simple misunderstanding or perhaps a clerical issue? Mistakes happen.

How well did you document your transaction? Was it all verbal? What kind of money was involved? Can you document dates & conversations. Do you have a cancelled check signed by Charles Mack? If you have some historical detail and documents perhaps they would be of interest to others.

It seems that Charlie is trying to make things right, but more on that in a minute.

Are you sure it wasn't a simple misunderstanding or perhaps a clerical issue? Mistakes happen.

How well did you document your transaction? Was it all verbal? What kind of money was involved? Can you document dates & conversations. Do you have a cancelled check signed by Charles Mack? If you have some historical detail and documents perhaps they would be of interest to others.

First off, you will not even give a name on your profile, but you want me to publicly document every transaction and word passed between Charlie and I. I think you need to man up (or woman up if that’s the case) and fill out your profile. As for the documentation I would have done just that, but now I have reason not to, more on that in a minute.

Secondly, go back and reread my original post. Yes, it is short and to the point, but there is plenty there to let you, and everyone else, know that this has been on going for some time and is not the cause of some simple clerical issue.

And Third, I do a good bit of Internet shopping and I try to refrain from publicly nagging about my mishaps. The two dot coms that were involved in this, one where I found the items and one where I made payment to the other party, have both been very helpful in this and all other matters that I have had with them. They do not need any negative nagging making their sites look 'unsafe for buyers', when that is not the case. "a thousand good deeds will be remembered by few and talked about by even less, but one misdeed will be remember by many, and talked about by all"

Could you take a minute and complete my poll at the top? It sounds like you have some valuable input.

No, I will not complete this poll as it makes no sense and has no use to other readers. Performance? Quality? Workmanship? Service? On-time Delivery? am I checking for good, for bad, or for the simple fact that I have experience???????? This is not very well laid out and could be very misinterpreted by someone searching for this info in the future that may only look at the results of your poll and not read this entire thread.

Now I promised I would let you in on how Charlie was trying to make this right, but I am going to put it in the next post, this one is getting long and don't want anyone to miss the important stuff because they tired of reading my BS.

In a message dated 1/31/2007 9:40:46 AM Central Standard Time, NITROCHUTE writes:

dear joe,
I apologize for the delay .Due to health issues at the end of December i sold the company and have been sortring everything out.i am sending you a refund for $120.Is postal money order ok,or do you prefer some other means of payment?
Charlie

My reply to this was:

Charlie,

I was not aware of your health issues, I hope everything is OK. A postal money order will be just fine, you can send it to: Joseph Courtney, PO Box 1212, Livingston, La 70754.

Joe

I still fail to see why Charlie had to read of my disgust on this site before he replied back to me with this message, if this not what happened then so be it, but the timing sure points that way. However, if when Charlie does as he says and sends me a refund, I will have no hard feelings left and will chalk this up as just another ‘no loss, no gain’ transaction. I will post an update as soon as I receive my refund.

Charlie,
I have no idea what kind of health issues you are having, but I assume it must be at least fairly serious if it has caused you to sale your company. I have been a business owner for over 13 years and could not imagine having to give it up. No matter what the final out come of this transaction, I do wish you the very best with your health.

On Time Delivery? How about NO DELIVERY AT ALL, then after a few emails and promises that they were sent and sorry they did not reach me and they were insurred so we will just send you some more...........still no hats and now THEY WILL NOT ANSWER MY EMAILS.

Oh, and yes I have experience with them[:/]>:(B|

Has anyone had any POSITIVE experiences with NITROCHUTE CORP or CHARLES MACK?

As a matter of fact ,I do.I have dealt with Charlie for a number of years and NEVER had a problem. If you stop and think about it, he has been in the business for quite a while,and these 2 people are the only complaints I have ever heard. So I am willing to say that 2 complaints Vs. the number of years in business = a pretty good track record.Thats probably a whole lot better than the industry standard.

As a matter of fact ,I do.I have dealt with Charlie for a number of years and NEVER had a problem. If you stop and think about it, he has been in the business for quite a while,and these 2 people are the only complaints I have ever heard. So I am willing to say that 2 complaints Vs. the number of years in business = a pretty good track record.Thats probably a whole lot better than the industry standard.

People, please understand that what snivel1 is saying may be exactly what has happened in charlie's career, I can only post about what I know. I know this and you should also keep that in mind when reading this thread, or any other experience with thread.

As promised, I am here to update on the status of my refund. I did recieve a refund in full yesterday. I still stand by what I have been saying: not answering emails, not shipping a product, lying about when it was shipped, and then only giving positive help and support once the customer posts on a public forum is not acceptable. However, I will also keep my word, so to Charlie: I have no hard feelings and hope your health improves quickly.

tangledlines,
man, you are out there. You set up an experience with thread that has no place for bad experience, you poke and pry and dig for good experience, almost to the point of begging. Then you try to keep any thing negative out of here and in private, you can call me, why would I want you to call me, if you have sometihng to say, this is your public thread, say it. Then not filling out your profile, well I have my ideas of who you are, but due to promises made earlier in this post I will leave that alone for now.

In any event, your seemingly useless thread has served me well, I am now $120 less poor as a result of it, and I thank you for that.

People, please understand that what snivel1 is saying may be exactly what has happened in charlie's career, I can only post about what I know. I know this and you should also keep that in mind when reading this thread, or any other experience with thread.

As promised, I am here to update on the status of my refund. I did recieve a refund in full yesterday. I still stand by what I have been saying: not answering emails, not shipping a product, lying about when it was shipped, and then only giving positive help and support once the customer posts on a public forum is not acceptable. However, I will also keep my word, so to Charlie: I have no hard feelings and hope your health improves quickly.

tangledlines,
man, you are out there. You set up an experience with thread that has no place for bad experience, you poke and pry and dig for good experience, almost to the point of begging. Then you try to keep any thing negative out of here and in private, you can call me, why would I want you to call me, if you have sometihng to say, this is your public thread, say it. Then not filling out your profile, well I have my ideas of who you are, but due to promises made earlier in this post I will leave that alone for now.

In any event, your seemingly useless thread has served me well, I am now $120 less poor as a result of it, and I thank you for that.

My father, a poet and very wise man, once said, "Learn from the mistakes of others; life is too short to make them all yourself."

Oh, and, you're welcome.

...So I am willing to say that 2 complaints Vs. the number of years in business = a pretty good track record.Thats probably a whole lot better than the industry standard.

The word on the street is that Charlie has resolved issues with some of the squeeky wheels who complained the loudest. This is to his credit.

I understand there is another sizeable complaint that has not yet been resolved. ...so maybe it is 3 complaints, not 2. Would details help?