Bill Booth is recovering

Bill Booth is recovering in Halifax Hospital in Daytona Beach Florida from an angioplasty with a stint.

He had 80% blockage in a main artery in his heart.

Was it a scheduled admission or emergency?

Thanks for all the "best wishes" guys. They really help.

I had no symptoms, but I just turned 60. So I went for a diagnostic "nuclear" stress test last month. It showed the I had reduced blood flow to the right, bottom of my heart, after about 12 minutes on the treadmill. So I went on the internet, subscribed to the New England Journal of Medicine, and read every study I could find on angioplasty. Based on this research I chose the best stent manufacturer, doctor and hospital I could find. I am now the proud owner of a brand new, bright and shiny, 3x15 mm, Guidant Cobalt Chromium stent. (If you think skydiving gear is expensive, go price stents.) I figured it was better to do this now, under controlled conditions, than take pot luck in some dingy emergency room at some later date. Anyway, I think (and hope) I'm fine now.

Bill, glad you're doing well -- may you continue to do so for a long long time.

At least you know how to spell "stent".;)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Bill - I'm so happy to see people being proactive about their health. I lost my dad (56) last year due to a 100% blockage. 2 Stents successfully put in but he was brain-dead following the operation. I hope others learn from your proactivity!B|

Sorry if this response sounded down - I'm very happy you're doing well and wish you all the best. I know that surgery in that area has come a long way and I'm sure you're probably in better shape than most of us!B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I am now the proud owner of a brand new, bright and shiny, 3x15 mm, Guidant Cobalt Chromium stent.

I'll bet IT doesn't have magnetic riser covers.

Get better soon!
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

So I went on the internet, subscribed to the New England Journal of Medicine, and read every study I could find on angioplasty. Based on this research I chose the best stent manufacturer, doctor and hospital I could find. I am now the proud owner of a brand new, bright and shiny, 3x15 mm, Guidant Cobalt Chromium stent.

Glad to hear you're doing well, Bill! I wish all my patients would be so proactive in their health care.

It was very interesting that KFI did a little bit on angioplasty and stents just this week. Here's the article they were quoting from: http://www.ptca.org/newscenter.html?http://www.ptca.org/news/2006/0904.html Very interesting read!

Looks like you're research has paid off. At this particular time it's best to stay away from the drug-eluting polymer stent and go with the bare metal instead.

Keep us up to date on how you're doing, k? :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Bill Booth is recovering in Halifax Hospital in Daytona Beach Florida from an angioplasty with a stint.

He had 80% blockage in a main artery in his heart.

Was it a scheduled admission or emergency?

Thanks for all the "best wishes" guys. They really help.

I had no symptoms, but I just turned 60. So I went for a diagnostic "nuclear" stress test last month. It showed the I had reduced blood flow to the right, bottom of my heart, after about 12 minutes on the treadmill. So I went on the internet, subscribed to the New England Journal of Medicine, and read every study I could find on angioplasty. Based on this research I chose the best stent manufacturer, doctor and hospital I could find. I am now the proud owner of a brand new, bright and shiny, 3x15 mm, Guidant Cobalt Chromium stent. (If you think skydiving gear is expensive, go price stents.) I figured it was better to do this now, under controlled conditions, than take pot luck in some dingy emergency room at some later date. Anyway, I think (and hope) I'm fine now.

It's good to see you're on your way to recovery!

Besides.. I need you to stay healthy!! If not, who's gonna build my brand spankin new Vector 3??? :):D:D

Anyway, take good care of your health, Bill. :)
Yves.

Wishing a fast and full recovery to a man who's heart has always been in the best interest of everyone.

And as usual, was planning for 'what could' go wrong and not addressing 'what did'...!

THAT'S the kind of engineer I LIKE! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~