willard

DaVinci Code

as always the book is better. the movie was rushed and didn't have the same pace as the book. on the book itself, it is one of the worst cases of poorly written work that the masses consume with avid enthusiasm. hey even i enjoyed it but i must admit it was poorly written.

I read the book before watching the movie. All I could think while watching the movie was....if I hadn't read the book, I would have had no idea what was going on and probably would have quit watching it midway through. I find it's generally true that the book was better than the movie, not that this book was riveting though.

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand all the Dan Brown hype. Seriously, he's on par with Robert Grisham. Good stories but that's about it.

Is he John Grisham's even-less-talented little brother? :D

Speaking of popular authors whose writing wasnever that great who have really gone downhill... I read the latest Michael Crichton book, Next, over the weekend. It was abysmal.

Fortunately, I got it from the library, so I'm not out $20+ bucks for it. But I would kind of like the time back I wasted on it hoping it would get better or eventually have a point.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I actually really liked the movie. I never read the book though.

I saw the movie for the first time just after I posted. Yes, the movie is much better than the book. Why? Because it is what it is, a good bubblegum story with intrigue, huge chase scenes, and a French hottie. IT'S NOT FUCKING ATLAS SHRUGGED, PEOPLE!
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Speaking of popular authors whose writing wasnever that great who have really gone downhill... I read the latest Michael Crichton book, Next, over the weekend. It was abysmal.

Fortunately, I got it from the library, so I'm not out $20+ bucks for it. But I would kind of like the time back I wasted on it hoping it would get better or eventually have a point.

Hmmm. Just got that for the GF as a present. I'll read after she finishes it. I wasn't too keen on his last one - too much anti-enviro politicking and a silly storyline.

I like mysteries - been reading a lot of Ian Rankin, P.D. James and Elizabeth George recently. Have you tried their stuff?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I actually really liked the movie. I never read the book though.

I saw the movie for the first time just after I posted. Yes, the movie is much better than the book. Why? Because it is what it is, a good bubblegum story with intrigue, huge chase scenes, and a French hottie. IT'S NOT FUCKING ATLAS SHRUGGED, PEOPLE!

you're the first person i've come across that thinks the movie is better than the book. in fact, you're the first person that i've ever heard say a movie was better than its book. :S

Wow, how many of us were watching the movie for the first time on the same day? Was that part of the plot intended in the Da Vinci Code?

Ok, seriously. I am one one those souls who would readily admit that I have never read the book (for this movie or any other movie), and I could care less about the elegance of the book versus the lack of adherence in the movie... (Where the hell do you people find the time to read fiction ? If I want to read fiction, I read Microsoft User's Guide to *****.exe)

Art is art... from my perspective, the movie captivated my attention for the full length, although I admit ( In retrospect) the lack of intellectual challenge in the plot. I "like" the movie, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

At the spiritual end of the stick, yeah, I was BORN into the Catholic religion and I can appreciate the pie-on-the-face approach to Christianity....

Cheers
George
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"