ltdiver

A hero's gear stolen!

I'm putting a check in the mail tomorrow morning ... anybody else???

Paypal from me...
If every skydiver offered 10, 20, 40, 50 bucks, or those that can be more generous, Tim should have a decent rig pretty quick. Hopefully someone is providing one in the meantime...If I wasn't so fat, I'd offer one of mine.:$
thanks, Tim, for providing a good story in the news. Always nice to read positive stories about skydiving instead of the alternative.

I'm putting a check in the mail tomorrow morning ... anybody else???

Yep. Paypal charges a fee everytime you move money around, so just to withdraw funds will cost money. Makes more sense to just send a personal check.

I was looking at some new toys to buy but I'm going to postpone those plans and send $1k myself...

Dave

I was looking at some new toys to buy but I'm going to postpone those plans and send $1k myself...

Holy crap! This is very generous!

Kudos to you, dude.

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Yep. Paypal charges a fee everytime you move money around, so just to withdraw funds will cost money. Makes more sense to just send a personal check.

The amount PayPal takes is minimal, especially if you do a lot of volume with them. I haven't had a personal checkbook for a few years now, for some folks, it's much easier to do things online. Sending money to family and friends is free.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees

Just read through this thread...and while I haven't got much, I do have enough to send out a check tomorrow.

Thanks, Tim, for doing what you do; touching the sky with newbies in tow, and jumping into the blue water for them too...you're pretty cool. And I don't even know you!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

To everyone that has responded to this forum....You are all Amazing.

For those of you who do not know who I am here is a little background....

Formerly: Arizona Freeflight W/ Omar & Steve Curtis
National Champs 2001

I lived and worked in Eloy for ten years.

Many of you may have partied at my house, and some of you may have wished you had not.

I recently moved to Hawaii with my girlfriend Jessica MIller...

We originally moved to Kauai to help out Dave Timko all though things did not work out there, I found a great opportunity at Pacific International Skydiving Center on the island of Oahu.

Check em out at
http://www.pacific-skydiving.com/

Things are slowly coming together here. We recently found a nice rental house to move into (much better than the chevy van we were living in)

To those who are curious as to what may have happened...

The student pulled his main at 5k,
and simultaeneoulsy there was a premature deployment of the reserve for reasons that are still yet unkown.

The student gear to date has not been recovered. It still is entangled on a reef 1/4 mile off shore.

It must be mentioned that a Packer and new CameraWoman....
Jenifer Slaughter...
Also dropped her gear and started to swim out for the student. Although, she was not able reach shawn she did not hesitate to get wet.

Which in my opinion shows a lot about her character.
Kudos Jenn!!!!!

I apologize that I have not been very active in this forum but I do not have a computer nor internet.
However, my friends have convinced me to go get a library card and hit up the local library.

Thank you all,
I am still at a loss to express my thoughts, but it is with a profound sense of appreciation that I express my gratitude.
Tim

I just read this thread and it is such a shame this happened. I can only send a small amount but I hope all the money is raised to buy Tim some new gear soon. Kudos to you Tim and all those that helped the student. It makes me very happy to see the community pulling together to help someone in need. :)
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

Post pics and details about the gear so we can keep an eye out for it. It's gotta show up somewhere.

>:(
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Hi everyone.
I am a former teammate of Tims and current friend. I have probably partied with a lot of you and I have regretted some too.
Tim has been a friend to me when I felt like I had none. He has spent countless days with me, flyng and coaching without allowing me to pay him.He would literally give you the rig of his back, so it sickens me to know that someone stole it.
We have trained and travelled together, been through good times and bad. He flew camera for my AD test with the flu, after he tought me how to freefly. Is a kindred spirit to all skydivers, and unique spirit and I have been lucky to call him a best friend.
I have attached a photo of our team.
The rig that is missing is just like the gold one in the picture. Tim is flying the camera in the back.
If anyone recovers this rig I will pay them $1000.
$2000 with the theifs front teeth. Just kidding about the teeth.
lov ya bro see ya in a week. Gorilla