snowslider

The Good Sheperd

I heard something about a spoof being made, it was called The German Sheperd. I think it's supposed to be coming out around the same time.

Anyway, just got back from the movie. It was good, very long and slow yet intresting. I would have rather seen it on my couch so I can pausse it to get another beer and use the bathroom.

Oh well.[:/]

I watched it on Friday. Incredible movie. I loved it, really enjoyed it. The acting was decent, the plot was good, the editing and story line made it a slight bit hard to follow and at 3hrs its a bit long, BUT it was still an incredibly fun movie to watch.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Any movie much over 2.25h should have a mandatory 10 minute piss break.

Sitting through the final Lord of the Rings I though my damn bladder was gonna bust, especially when I ended up in the middle of the row and it dragged on another 25 minutes after they finally tossed it in the volcano.

fixed it for you. i hope to do better next time. sorry.

I wasn't being facitious, I'm in OZ we spell things differently to you lot, I thought that maybe it meant somthing I was unaware of
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I saw it Monday. I thought the cinemotagraphy was very good, and the goings on were engrossing. It did start slow though (caught myself nodding), and I'd be hard-pressed to summarize a story out of it. That is, there didn't seem to be a succinct tale being told, but rather a decades long glimpse into a state of affairs. Overall, I'd give it thumbs-up.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Any movie much over 2.25h should have a mandatory 10 minute piss break.

Sitting through the final Lord of the Rings I though my damn bladder was gonna bust, especially when I ended up in the middle of the row and it dragged on another 25 minutes after they finally tossed it in the volcano.

It's supposed to be old guys with enlarged prostates that have that problem!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

for my money and taste, was the best film of the year. Good performances, fantastic script, and the pacing is what really made it. We learn the ropes like Edward does PLUS we are encouraged to look over his shoulder for him, too. Very clever and thoughtful directing. If the film wasn't exactly that long we never would have gotten a glimpse of the toll taken on these ppl.

script and Damon should win oscars. Wait, there is something else I am missing.

Nancy LaRiviere and Sally Hathaway both did the stunt jumping. Billy Richards flew the helicopter doing the filming, Guy Wright was responsible for safety.

I watched intently when the girl in the yellow dress got thrown out of the Beech D-18, I believe it was Nancy LaRiviere.

The reaction in the theater was "gasp".
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

I hated the way the movie kept jumping around in time, forward and backward, many years at a leap. I would have preferred a more simple chronological order story.

To mean it really represented the collapse of his personal life as well as his mental health. This is especially imporant if you've ever read anything about the history of the CIA, the life of James Angleton and his eventual mental collapse. He basically ended up believing just about everyone was a double agent and was "retired" in a bit of disgrace. Well, disgrace isn't the right word, basically a lot of people thought he had completely lost his bearing on reality and he needed to be removed. This revolves around the Colby Report. He was awarded the Distinguished Intelligence Medal, though.

John, if you haven't read anything on him you should. Its really interesting. It also really brings the movie into an interesting light (even though the movie is fiction, its idea and plot line revolves around Angleton's life, loosely). There are some books on him, but I bet a quick google search will bring some quick info.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Nancy LaRiviere and Sally Hathaway both did the stunt jumping.
I watched intently when the girl in the yellow dress got thrown out of the Beech D-18, I believe it was Nancy LaRiviere.

I suppose that since the movie is out, Nancy won't mind my sharing the attached photo, which she sent to a bunch of friends several months ago. Nancy is on the left, Sally on right.
I've shown the picture to a bunch of people who know Nancy, with only the vaguest hints about "someone you know..." The only one who recognized her immediately was Lew Sanborn (D-1).

HW